STRATEGIC BOMBERS UPDATE 290317

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• STRATEGIC BOMBERS UPDATE 290317

Dear Players,
      Today's patch introduces new models for Strategic Bombers, general decrease in unit production times and multiple other balancing changes and fixes.
      Introducing new models for Strategic Bombers.
      Balancing changes
      • Decreased general production times of units
        • All Infantry Units
        • All Armored Units
        • All Support Units besides Towed Artillery
        • All Helicopter Units besides ASW Helicopter
        • All Aircraft Units
        • All Heavies besides Naval Patrol Aircraft
        • All Naval Units
        • All Submarine Units
        • All Missile Launchers
      • Decreased Construction time of Army Base 1.5m/18h/28h/36h/45h
      • Naval Base, Air Base, Underground Bunkers, Recruiting Office to 9h/18h/28h/36h/45h
      • Decreased construction time for Arms Industry Level 1 to 9h
      • Fixed naming issue with Aircraft Carrier level 3
      Fixes
      • Fixed join alliance po pup spilling text
      • Removed double clicking feature to select all armies
      • Fixed missing cease fire icon
      • Fixed missile selector panel breaking into two lines
      • Added additional close button to close the market
      • Fixed eastern faction Special Forces and Marines unit portraits missing
      Your CON Crew
    • This is pretty damn awsome. I really like these new skin progressions dont stop doing them!
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Well I would have thought the Mirage IV be added. Even as Tier 1 or Tier 2. Would mean the valiant is removed

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Seele07 wrote:

Nice Models, but is there are no modern EU-Bomber? The EU-bombers are more a museum:)
      There would be if this was built.
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BAC_TSR-2

The TSR-2 was a Supersonic Bomber that was meant to be replace the RAF's V-Bombers and the English Electric Canberra. Prototypes were built but the programme was scrapped after the UK government cut funding in 1965 under the rational of procuring a "cheaper" Modified F-111s instead (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Dynamics_F-111K). It's cancellation and the RAF's need for strike/bomber aircraft eventually resulted in the Tornado Tactical Bomber being developed years later. If the UK had brought this bomber into service it's likely they would still be knocking about today.

Sadly It's only flying prototype ended up in a museum.

EU doctrine Bombers are too old. I would get rid of the Valiant, and go Victor, Vulcan and TSR 2. Especially since the TSR.2 fits in with the Other supersonic tier 3 bombers such as the B1 Lancer and Tu-160 White Swan

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Aodhan ().

• Germanico wrote:

Because it constantly leads to units being activated and sent to destinations they shouldn't be heading.

//G
      I have played Call of War since for nearly two years and I've recently started playing Conflict of Nations a few months ago. I have NEVER found this to be a problem. In fact, I very often use this feature especially because it helps gather units of the same type in a region just so I CAN send them to a single destination.

Besides, since the new (and poorly executed) "overwhelming force" (3:1 ratio) superiority instant victory feature has ruined the game for anyone that likes to spread their forces across a wide front, removing the double-click feature has made it EVEN MORE difficult to group forces together to defend against other players that do nothing but build one gigantic army to raid from town to town.

In fact, that "feature" to overwhelm small armies has pretty much shifted the entire game-play severely against balanced forces as well as shifted against any real strategy.

I would ask, then, that the double-click feature be restored and the overwhelming force super-kill feature be removed.
      Will Swirl ever be freed?
    • sloppy nation leadership skills [and a little lag I guess] is what causes large selections to be problematic. for a few [? nobody I know]

trying to play this game on a weak tablet [Ive seen it hit 1 gig memory in my task manager] or mobile device is also a nightmare, and I dont think any change to dumb down the UI or selection options to make CoN work better on smart phones is a benefit to the majority.

Trying to select all your units of one type is now impossible... especially late game when your territory is larger than one screen at full zoom.
      this ''fix'' feels like a break.
      Field Marshal Dan
      En Community Support | Bytro Labs
      New World Empires (CC) | Call of War (Former GO & staff trainer)

The post was edited 1 time, last by FMD ().

• I dont see that the double clicking is the issue... really just the lag like @FMD said
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Strange how you COW veteran experience so totally differs from the new player experience here in the office.

I really am trying to understand this... More often than not what happens to new players is they double click on a unit and activate all other units of the same type in the region, giving them unplanned orders to move with the need of sorting them out manually later. This is what we time and again observed. How come is this so different from your experience?

Any ideas besides lag? (we don't have lag in the office on local servers etc).

Puzzled.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

Strange how you COW veteran experience so totally differs from the new player experience here in the office.

I really am trying to understand this... More often than not what happens to new players is they double click on a unit and activate all other units of the same type in the region, giving them unplanned orders to move with the need of sorting them out manually later. This is what we time and again observed. How come is this so different from your experience?

Puzzled.

//G
      Well firstly... If for whatever reason you do select all the units.. Its A) rather simple to drag around them all or B) Double click select them again and cancel them.

I dont know, maybe its just getting used to the interface but that is sure not a reason to get rid of the feature. Im really noticing the implications of this now. Trying to move a new batch of aircraft to the front lines.. that a real pain without double clicking :/
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Lord Aodhan wrote:

Do Heavy bombers still have radar?
      Yep
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Seele07 wrote:

The normal heavy bomber have a radar, but the stealth bomber not.
      Both shouldn't really have radar. Heavy Bombers rely on targeting information from other aircraft and satellite reconnaissance. They shouldn't be able to scout out and destroy enemy ground units on their own like gunships and fighters can do. They should be like Stealth bombers, radar-less.
    • Lord Aodhan wrote:

Seele07 wrote:

Both shouldn't really have radar. Heavy Bombers rely on targeting information from other aircraft and satellite reconnaissance. They shouldn't be able to scout out and destroy enemy ground units on their own like gunships and fighters can do. They should be like Stealth bombers, radar-less.
      Means they will need awacs or naval awacs. Cant ignore logistics :P Defo think this is a good idea.
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Germanico wrote:

Strange how you COW veteran experience so totally differs from the new player experience here in the office.

Puzzled.

//G

The reason why we "veterans" don't have a problem is just "that"...we are veterans. We already had to struggle through getting used to the UI. All noobs understand is "click on this to do a thing." Then they try to double-click either accidentally or intentionally, and they get unexpected behavior. Here's the thing, though, new users get used to it very quickly. And, since the majority of any lasting game play will be by old timers like myself or new players who realize what we old timers see in this, almost all are going to want to be able to group-grab units via unit-type (or, for example, all armies that contain at least one of a specific "type").

Oceanhawk wrote:

Lord Aodhan wrote:

Seele07 wrote:

Means they will need awacs or naval awacs. Cant ignore logistics :P Defo think this is a good idea.

Um, no, AWACS is not for targeting by bombers, it's more for CAPCOM to maintain an overall view of the battlefield. While AWACS can transmit live data to units on scene (i.e., artillery or bombers), most aircraft DO have onboard RADAR systems with specialized targeting packages. Even we "Rich Americans" can't send an AWACS to every single engagement when bombers need to go in and level a place with some precision. If we relied solely on AWACS or a ground-based RADAR for targeting, then our bomber fleet would be kinda impotent, don't you think?

Here's something to think about, though. AWACS can serve a very special ADDITIONAL function....via data interpolation methods (simulated) they should be able to start revealing RADAR contact details over time (i.e., after 2 hours on RADAR, an enemy unit becomes fully visible as opposed to being just a glowing blob).
      Will Swirl ever be freed?