Split the Rogue State

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Split the Rogue State

I'm tired of this rogue state. The devs and mods have tried over and over to nerf it, but there's just one thing wrong: the rogue state unity. In real life, do you see ISIS cooperating with a Neo-Nazi terrorist group? No. Do you see Boko Haram working with a "White Germany" terrorist group? No.

This rogue state is ridiculous. Let's refer to game 2318489.

I'm playing as USA. I've conquered Mexico, central America, and the Carribean. Oh but wait, due to the neglience of the players playing Colombia and Venezuela, there is now a huge chunk of rogue state that takes up Panama, Ecuador, Venezuela, Colombia, and parts of Brazil. OMFG it's huge. Then, one day I decide to use my huge 140-ish unit military to try to take that rogue state. I try naval bombarding. Nope, doesn't work. As soon as I kill the insurgent, a new one pops up. Then, I try a heli/air combo. Doesn't work either. Insurgents just keep popping up over and over again. Finally, I do a combined special forces, tank, infantry, naval, and air attack on the rogue state. Defeated. I didn't even take a single province from the rogue state. Each rogue state province had about 10 insurgents. That rogue state chunk brought down my military from 140 units to 40 units. This, is ridiculous.

Now, I have a solution. The reason why I was defeated was the abundance of Insurgents. For this, I provide two steps to a solution.

1. Rogue states can only spawn in cities. This is more realistic, as mad insurgents will probably want to target cities instead of empty provinces.
      2. Split the Rogue State. When insurgents take a city, call the rogue state city like "Free City of New York City" or something.
      Later, if the Rogue State cities get close, maybe they can then conquer the neighboring provinces and declare itself something like "Free State of Argentina"

These changes must take effect. If they don't, we see a huge unified rogue state winning the game and having huge patches of land.

I understand the mods have already made plenty of changes, such as nerfing the HP and making insurgents less stealthy. However, I believe more must be done. This is Conflict of Nations: Modern War, not Conflict of Insurgencies: Rebellions 2020.

Speaking of World War 2020, are you going to change the name of the province Swaziland to eSwatini? And when the year hits 2020 and nothing has changed, are you guys going to rename the campaign "World War 2025"?
      I can speak like Crang ! I am speaking like Crang right now ! Can anybody else speak like Crang !
    • "huge" military of 140 lol. We begin to call it big at 250. Huge = ~500 units.

Anyway, yes, a design is on the way that has some similarities to what you propose, especially on the topic of insurgents splitted.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

"huge" military of 140 lol. We begin to call it big at 250. Huge = ~500 units.

Anyway, yes, a design is on the way that has some similarities to what you propose, especially on the topic of insurgents splitted.
      It's about day 40, so 140 is considered huge.
      I can speak like Crang ! I am speaking like Crang right now ! Can anybody else speak like Crang !
    • 1. Rogue states can only spawn in cities. This is more realistic, as mad insurgents will probably want to target cities instead of empty provinces.

Realistically, most rebellions or insurgent groups spawn fight in the rural areas. I think they can only spawn atm in Cities, but I may be wrong. Regardless for me them spawning in cities is much more unfeasible as there is a higher congestion of people and law enforcement contrary to the rural areas such as mountains, deserts, hills etc...My two cents

2. Split the Rogue State. When insurgents take a city, call the rogue state city like "Free City of New York City" or something.
      Later, if the Rogue State cities get close, maybe they can then conquer the neighboring provinces and declare itself something like "Free State of Argentina"

They kind of did this for the Special Event Able Archer. They had Eco-Terrorists, Feminists or something, but different groups. So perhaps transferring that to the main-game. Would be a great addition in my opinion.
    • @Sarwesh I am playing a twenty player map as Spain and its day 19 and i have 106 men easy i would have to agree with Opulon here as the size of your army as huge

And as for Swaziland there are different ways to say it. In Arabic Egypt is pronounced Massr and Jordan is pronounced urdun and Germany Al almany there are different ways to say things in different languages
      من المبالغة أن ندعو إعلان حماس والجهاد الإسلامي عن تحالف عسكري. إنها رسالة بأن شعبنا متحد في وجه العدوان الإسرائيلي - أحمد ياسين

twitter.com/i/status/1107767831981105153

The post was edited 1 time, last by Huthayfah.k ().

• Dear Sarwesh.

To put things in perspective, I was in that game too, as Canada, in the same coalition even, and i heard you complain repeatedly about you not being able to get past the rogue patch.

This is day 25ish, and you had been "bombarding" the rogues from sea you said for severald days now and you couldnt make a dent in them. Every time you killed one, 2 more pop up you said. Perhaps that is because you used a (one) lvl 1 corvette, i said. Use bigger ships and of higher level, i advised you. (picture1) (picture 5)

Instead you sent your "huge" invasion force over sea to land at various places i think, which got slaughtered, basically. Perhaps that was becasue you used lvl 1 infantery. (picture 6)

After that you gave up on the rogue state. Note that the pictures are from day 75 when the game had ended, (we won, but no thanks to you) still the same level as on day 25. !!!!

I was tempted to come back with my planes and dispatch the rogue state by myself to show you how it is done, but i was slightly occupied in europe at the time, so i didnt.

As you can see the rogues were not especially enhanced to some unbeatable level, there were indeed, just a lot of them, all lvl1 with 25 hitpoints. (picture2)

I never have trouble killing rogues, no matter how many there are. Level 7 strike fighters will rip through them with barely a scratch, often clearing multiple stacks in one go. (picture 4)
      The same goes for ships, often a single salvo is enough destroy anything in range, provided you use ships like mine ofcourse. (picture 3)

Regardless, should you come back to the game, feel free to use my tips any way you like.

Then again, i read what you said to dalogonator before that got deleted, so perhaps its best you dont return.

Cheers,

ps

see those 7 USA ships in lake Huron. :)
      Files
      • canada1.jpg

(482.47 kB, downloaded 11 times, last: )
      • canada5.jpg

(513.22 kB, downloaded 12 times, last: )
      • canada6.jpg

(536.27 kB, downloaded 10 times, last: )
      • canada2.jpg

(478.24 kB, downloaded 12 times, last: )
      • canada3.jpg

(632.34 kB, downloaded 10 times, last: )
      • canada4.jpg

(475.45 kB, downloaded 12 times, last: )