Insurgents

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have no idea what the game Dev's were thinking when they altered insurgents, particularly in the recent 10x speed games, but this is ridiculous.

They pop up too often.
      They spread way too fast.
      They are more annoying than fun because if you turn your back to have a fun war, you end up losing 1/2 your nation to one of the 8+ different factions in the game.
      They are unrealistic. Sure, I understand having insurgents tied to real life geographical locations gives flavor to the game...having North Irish Insurgents pop up in the Balkans...is not.
      Having 'wars' with multiple opponents drains your morale, this slows the game down as you have to spend time fighting insurgents. Why bother having this at 10x speed (a fun FAST game) when it's drawn out playing what-a-mole?
      Having never ending wars with 8+ different opponents is really bad programming when you can not END the wars with them.
      Wipe out their home lands...and they STILL pop up with ties to that home land. Huh?

Some pop up 2 at a time meaning it's even worse because they do all the above twice as fast...at 10x speed.

Suggestions:

1) Have insurgents only pop up when morale is 25% and under.

2) If morale is under 20%, there's a chance for 2 insurgents popping up.

3) Don't have them spread until 1 game day after popping up.

4) They can only spread to 1 territory per game day.

5) If you wipe out an insurgent territory, it reverts back to what ever morale level it was to begin with before the insurgents took it.

6) Keep the 'insurgent homelands' (AI neutrals) but make it so that if their homelands are wiped out, an insurgent that pops up can not come from that location when they do appear. If ALL insurgent homelands are wiped out, insurgents are the regular 'black' insurgents from normal games.

7) If an insurgent pops up, keep them as close to their 'homeland' as possible. ie: North Irish insurgents would pop up near North Ireland rather than a Donbas insurgent.

Because, seriously, as I move to secure my homelands and wage a war to get to the (increased levels of VPs now needed), I can't turn my back on an inactive player position because there's a 100% chance that in a few game days, their position will be nothing but a patch work of insurgents who threaten everyone nearby.
      This is a war game of PvP, not PvInsurgent.

#Frustrated to the point of wanting to quit over this sh...
    • Hello.

I do not find the insurgency spawning mechanism satisfactory either,

"1) Have insurgents only pop up when morale is 25% and under." ---> actually, there is a 50% revolt chance at 25%. until 33% there is a revolt chance. As any new conquered territory is 25% morale, the effect would be marginal (still 50% chances of an insurgent spawning Day 1, it's the bulk of why they spawn.

2) If morale is under 20%, there's a chance for 2 insurgents popping up. ---> Even more insurgents, then, lol. Especially if missiles are at work, it's not uncommon to see 0% morale cities

"3°) Don't have them spread until 1 game day after popping up. "---> Good idea, but in terms of mechanism, it's not doable, i think. Insurgents move as an AI, and so, are tied to how AI fight and move.

"4) They can only spread to 1 territory per game day." ---> Same. While a good idea, not doable i think.

"5) If you wipe out an insurgent territory, it reverts back to what ever morale level it was to begin with before the insurgents took it." ---> Aka conquered city 25% morale (50% insurgency spawn chance) , or 0% nuked city ?

"6) Keep the 'insurgent homelands' (AI neutrals) but make it so that if their homelands are wiped out, an insurgent that pops up can not come from that location when they do appear. If ALL insurgent homelands are wiped out, insurgents are the regular 'black' insurgents from normal games." ---> could you elaborate, i didn't understood well this proposal ^^.

"7) If an insurgent pops up, keep them as close to their 'homeland' as possible. ie: North Irish insurgents would pop up near North Ireland rather than a Donbas insurgent." --> yes. This is, i think, a mandatory design.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • They were suggestions. I would personally severely reduce insurgents. Like I and most players here, we want PvP not PvAI. We can play other games for that.

AI can always be programmed with restrictions. Limiting movement speed is one.
      If this is a problem, then redesigning the Insurgent forces is doable.
      Speed .50 is one easy proposal. Makes them slower (because they are suppose to be rabble) and can be more easily chased down.
      Also altering their game stats for combat would be another. Randomize it maybe?

When I said, '~/if you wipe out their home territory, the insurgent type from that territory would no longer spawn if an insurgent is suppose to pop up/'.
      Basically, if a player kills off the North Ireland home lands, then any new insurgent would NOT be from that location.
      By extension, if the players managed to wipe out all insurgent homelands, then NO new insurgents would form OR if they did, they would be generic ones like in normal games.

In the 3 10x speed games I am in, I am in 1st place and what I am seeing is that a HUGE portion of the map is nothing but insurgents. This is unacceptable and really making me not want to play any longer. In game 8824, Russia played for a Day and the last time he logged on, he made one thrust unto Finland and then logged off. As Belorus, I am seeing the entire nation of Russia being eaten up by random insurgentss and the morale of Russian territories is falling at, what I consider, an abnormal rate.

As a player who tosses nukes around like candy at a parade and tends to be at war with 4-5 different positions at the same time...and uses artillery to indiscriminately bomb enemy positions which are often in cities, heck I even take pot shots at lands I move past if I do not know what is in them (drive-by's) I have never experienced such a problem as I am seeing in recent games, especially the 10x speed ones.
    • The fact that in a 10X, insurgents can potentially spawn 10 times a day, it's what make the situation imposible ^^
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • No, it's that their spawn rate has drastically increased because you are now fighting against 8+ DIFFERENT insurgents.

I'm sitting here, in 3 of the Europe 10x speed games and there's maybe 3-4 active players left in each (max).
      What is happening is one player attacks another player. Because they attacked, they are subject to insurgents.
      Insurgents pop up. Morale of the nation keeps declining for no reason I can discern and that leads to more insurgents popping up.
      Insurgents even pop up in insurgent controlled territory (an Irish insurgent taking land form a Donbas insurgent). They all spread.
      The nation that barely had a war...collapses into a patch-work of insurgent mini nations that keep spreading. They will spread into anyone they are at 'war' with.
      In order to actually play the game, you need to go to war, thus you end up fighting ALL of the 8 different types of insurgents this gives them permission to move into your lands...form any direction.
      The ONLY nations that have not had a single insurgent one are those of players who haven't done a thing since day 1. They logged in, looked around, logged off. Thus, they are not at 'war' with anyone.

This is absolutely BS.

When i first started playing CON, the insurgents were interesting but no where near what they are now.

When I played 10x world 2020 game a week ago, they were the 'black' ones, one nation, and were manageable.
      In these Europe 10x speed games, they are NOT.

And since I have 'no life' and am on 24/7...that's saying A LOT. =/
    • Hi Clockwork,

Please understand: the 10 X was only a testing ground and we didn't alter the standard game spawn rates. On the Europe in Flames event the intention was to check how far we can push it - so know we know ;)

The random selection of insurgents has nothing to do with their actual spawn rate - but we are already working on altering them so they will not keep spawning like crazy and stop randomizing.

We assure you: on all current maps you will find insurgents normal again as previously experienced before the event.

We are sorry if you didn't like Europe in Flames and we will do our best to learn from it + that was essentially one of the purposes of this map. I think we got it now and will adjust the insurgents behaviour accordingly.

Just FYI on the current 1990 map insurgents are actually passive - meaning the literally never move.

Hope this helps.

//G

PS: I am right now working on a insurgent unit nerf as well, cause I agree that they are to strong.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf