Retreating Task Force Engaging in Combat

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Retreating Task Force Engaging in Combat

Game ID is 2318489. I don't know how, but somehow my infantry ended up in the same division as my naval force.

My naval force engages in combat with the opponent, and is losing. So, I split the infantry off in a task force and retreat it to land.

My naval force is defeated. My infantry task force is retreating to allied land.

Then, the infantry task force that is supposed to be retreating decides to engage in combat with the opponent naval force. Since the task force stats are 0, the retreating task force is basically dead.

Two Problems with this:

1. Task Units are not supposed to engage in combat. I thought you guys fixed this a while ago.

2. My infantry task unit was RETREATING. I don't know why it decided to engage in combat again.
      I can speak like Crang ! I am speaking like Crang right now ! Can anybody else speak like Crang !
    • Task Forces still engaging in combat with ships. I can't tell you how many sea transport ships I've lost. I didn't initiate the combat, the task force unit thought It'd be a great idea to attack the submarine when the task force stats are 0 and 0.
      I can speak like Crang ! I am speaking like Crang right now ! Can anybody else speak like Crang !
    • Wait - who said task force units (naval transports) should not engage in combat?
      Of course they will - they are prime targets. If they are attacked they will "fight" until they die.
      And just because you are retreating doesn't mean that you become invulnerable.
      Retreating units are faster, but they can be engaged, bombed, attacked and otherwise destroyed.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf