[Questions] Diplomacy, shoreline, combat mechanics

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Questions] Diplomacy, shoreline, combat mechanics

1. Are there positive diplomatic effects from conquering, attacking, embargo(ing) villain countries?

2. Is that little view zone near a shoreline detects naval units (non-stealth) when they come very close? Also, are non-radar land units can see them? In other words - is it possible to hide or freeze naval offensive action, if my enemy isn't making reconnaissance at the sea?

3. Ships cannot enter cities. So, are they healing over sea only by 1HP/24h, when performing no action? Is it true that they heal faster when near to a shoreline (if yes - what value)? Or maybe when they are close to a city with hospital?

4. Airplanes on the ground become a different unit type. Hypothetical situation - I'm attacking city by a helicopter which has no damage to airplanes. Will helicopter damage the airplane on the ground? And if true - what type of damage will it be?

5. Hypothetical situation: There are two special forces units - enemy and player. Both of them are two times more effective in offensive actions. Now both units are moving to attack each other. When they start combat, will they use attack values?

(With some help of Google Translator)
    • 4. This remains a question of mine due to the differences in wording between COW and CoN. In COW, aircraft would be treated as infantry and have only 5 Hit points while refueling, but treated as their stated aircraft stats while just positioned and fueled up. In CoN, it states that they have 5 HP while "grounded", but have the same attack def while grounded so in my mind this means that heli cannot attack them even while grounded. If their armor class changes while grounded, it is not displayed anywhere.Please share any real experience and see if a wording change is needed.

5. Both units will make attack and defend damage occur to the opposite army. The battle will be decided much faster than if one is stationary and not attacking. This is true with any type of unit that is moving or you attempt to move after combat starts.

I am interested t hear opinions on the other questions.
    • Number 1. is a very interesting question, but difficult to ascertain, due to the paucity of information concerning popularity.

Another related question is: What other options are there for increasing popularity?
      Trials are underway, using a 'trick' from Sup1914 involving a large number of equal trades between teammates. Clearly an exploit, but when so little info is available, the user's must resort to whatever they find that works.