Announcement: EUROPE IN FLAMES Games Closing Soon

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Announcement: EUROPE IN FLAMES Games Closing Soon

“Game
      Attention Commanders!

ALL "EUROPE IN FLAMES" 10X EVENT GAMES will be ultimately ended in 24 hours!

Use your remaining time and ensure you emerge victoriously. The TOP 10 event players out of all EiF Event games will receive a special placement reward starting at 100.000 Gold!

// Your CON Team
    • I don't like this! Telling us they are ending with less than 24 hours notice?

What about all the research we accumulated? We don't have time to test them out.

On my map, it's day 50 and there are only 2 good players (myself and one other) and everyone else sortof went inactive. They all have 10 cities or fewer. We agreed to fight eachother on Friday at 17:00 UTC, which we agreed to on Monday. Now our plans are screwed up. Way to go mods!

And are we talking about the top 10 players in the REMAINING games? The games that already finished are decided already. Those that won with 1500 VPs are in the top 10 already, so unless we have enough VP to end the game on it's own, there is no way to make it into the top 10!
    • Actually we did give you 24h / 10 days ingame.

The important issue is that we need to close these games - for stability reasons because they are causing serious server issues.

So instead of pulling the plug we are creating an end-of-days event with a reward.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Okay, at least that is a legitimate reason to end the games.

But surely there are games that have already ended by now, meaning that the player that won already has 1500 VP on each of those maps.

There were A LOT of maps that were spawned I noticed. I joined my game on Saturday around 18:00 UTC and the event started about 24 hours prior, so there were definitely a lot of maps with a head start on my map.

So that means that the only way to get into the top 10 is to end the map by getting 1500 VP. Hmm. I don't see a way to do that in 24 hours as I only have less than 900, and that was done over 5 days. So in conclusion it seems too late to get into the top 10 now as those have already been decided, more or less.
    • Many/most players joined several matches.

This being said we will select the victors from the VP and their performance in rank points gained in a match (we can see these even if the £%^$% ranking isn't updated yet - but that's another thing we are working on).

If there are still several in draw - then we hand out the winnings several times.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Hi Mosong,

new events will be coming later on this Friday - i.e. in a few hours.

This being said, the specific event games you are asking for are closing - as they were started well over a week ago: so i am afraid you won't be able to join these games any longer.

//G
    • I do not know exactly! I always thought that an event like:

50 playable countries
      10 team of 5

could offer an exciting gaming experience with a dimmension of cooperation found in the Alliance vs. Alliance challenges

Personally it is this aspect of cooperation that makes for me this game so interesting! I had missed the event able archer and I must admit that I am waiting for a team event since that time ...

After that, I do not know how you can put that up at the level of registrations and team submissions;)

Do you think an event like this is possible?
    • Although I agree that this sounds very cool, the problem is in the nature of the event: being public. So you simply don't know who you are stuck with in the first place and if or when they are going to abandon.

Able was a test in this regards and it was "easy" in that it was split into two with some nations offered a choice. Something like this we could try and repeat - agreed.

Having monitored Able closely back then the main problem back then was the same though: player churn. But it's definitely worth a try.
    • Yes that's what I was trying to say with my weak English :(

The problem lies especially in the programming at Dorado. Because for an event like this to be of interest, it would actually be a sort of pre-registration system where the teams would pre-register before the launch of the event! This way players will not be able to complain about having an unreliable team. Or create an event specifically for alliances. A kind of tournament on a single map

I can dream a little but I will love to see an event like this :) And I think I'm not the only one. Because when you reach a certain level on this game, the thing you want most is to have reliable allies to conquer the world ahah
    • This is simply not right. I purchased more than 600,000 in gold for this game... it's a ridiculous amount of money to spend on a game, but I WAS having fun, and thought I'd finally be able to research and build all of the things I couldn't in a normal 1x speed game. I would never... EVER... have spent anywhere near the money I did to buy gold if I had known the game would just be abruptly ended. Did anyone give any thought whatsoever to the fact that there are people who are paying REAL money to play this game? How would you like it if you spent $196.85 on 646,000 in gold (yeah... I just totaled it up off of my banking transactions and the in game confirmation messages) and somebody just told you, "the game is ending early"? Oh... and we're going to give someone who had the chance to actually finish their game 100,000 gold...

Not only that, but I spent more gold, and countless hours playing the game to try and reach the 1500 Victory points... I took over half of Cuba and ALL of the United States on Days 64 and 65 of my game, and my Victory Points did not change...

I'm feeling very cheated.