The arms market

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The arms market

The implementation of a market where weapons could be sold would make the game more striking.

Each player could sell 10% of their weapons on the market daily.

Payments by buyers can be in two ways:

The first one would be with gold
      The second with resources

It is clear that the system would not give the gold to the seller, only the resources he was asking for the weapons. The gold is left by the system
      OoOmegavx
    • I think this is a good idea, the arms trade is huge in real life and can have massive geo political implications, one example is Turkey buying the S400 from Russia.
      However some processes have to be put in so that multi account players do not abuse this.

I think the unit bought should be at whatever research level the seller has researched. I also think that if the buyer goes to war with the seller and they have not yet researched that level of weapon, then the unit should slowly lose health, this would replicate lack of spare parts maintaince etc.
    • According to the developers this was already happening but was abused by players as well as the Share map
      من المبالغة أن ندعو إعلان حماس والجهاد الإسلامي عن تحالف عسكري. إنها رسالة بأن شعبنا متحد في وجه العدوان الإسرائيلي - أحمد ياسين

twitter.com/i/status/1107767831981105153
    • We had both the ability enabled to swap provinces as well as units (weapons). Effect: massive, rampant abuse. The problem in an MMO is that whatever little tiny possiblity you leave for unfair game advantage is going to immediately be abused by some players - to the detriment of the majority.

It's what makes MMO development so complicated, often preventing experimentation. Unlike in single player focused games, we always have to consider the effect not only for the person playing, but for the player base in total.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • You do realize it doesn't matter if it's on the market or not, because if I am playing with RL friends via discord or multi-accounts this is what happens:

account A puts units up.
      Account B buys units from A immediately after A put them up.

So I just abused the mechanic in 3 seconds.

Sad truth - we won't do it.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Yes - it's a shame - but it's also a hard won fact. A minority of users causes so much pain that the majority suffers to the point of leaving the game.
      For the players it's "just" a game. For us it's our jobs. And we did try - with exactly the mentioned results.

As described this is one of the results of designing multiplayer online games: Majority being hijacked by minority if you give them a chance. Everytime.
    • Well - actually it would be nice to have for all users. Regardless. I can see a combination of Anti-Cheating VPN detection and inner-coalition trading with certain limitations such as max. amounts.

Optionally it would VERY cool if physical resources (all except money I guess) would need physical shipping via Air or sea/land and thus could be destroyed.
    • I agree about physical resouces bought on the market should need to be shipped or sent by air, bulky items such as oil, components and supplies via sea and rare & electronics via air. This would also make controlling key choke points such as suez and panama canal more important.

This would also make diplomacy more interesting, especially for land locked countries.
    • Plan is to have player to player trading of ALL resources shipped via land/sea - only money will be transferable. The thing with the market is a different story and not as easy to solve as you do not know whom you are buying from...

Be advised that this is in early stages and will not make it into the game in short notice, as we will need to plan and code/test it previously. Mid-term is realistic.

//G
    • Germanico wrote:

We had both the ability enabled to swap provinces as well as units (weapons). Effect: massive, rampant abuse. The problem in an MMO is that whatever little tiny possiblity you leave for unfair game advantage is going to immediately be abused by some players - to the detriment of the majority.
      //G
      You will always have the few so bad that they will want to cheat to pad their stats and make themselves look good when in reality they just ruin the game for every player they play against and are just awful and useless on a game like this. For me I dont mind the non ability to trade resources, units or provinces as it leads to a cleaner game exp

@Max The green font is mine LAYS ULTIMATE FONT CLAIM
      Dr. Leipreachán

Community Support
      Dr. Leipreachán - EN Team Lead
      EN Community Support
      Dorado Games | Conflict of Nations | Senior Support
    • Germanico wrote:

We had both the ability enabled to swap provinces as well as units (weapons). Effect: massive, rampant abuse. The problem in an MMO is that whatever little tiny possiblity you leave for unfair game advantage is going to immediately be abused by some players - to the detriment of the majority.

It's what makes MMO development so complicated, often preventing experimentation. Unlike in single player focused games, we always have to consider the effect not only for the person playing, but for the player base in total.

//G
      I have a simple solution for that, make it an auction lets say 24 hours cash only bids rewarded to the highest bidder with minimum (or a single resource type bid would be nice to so you can use your production to get certain resources your homelands do or cannot produce in number for your army ambitions which in my case always is electronics). Of course someone could boycot the whole world xcept his other account but then it makes it really easy to see who is cheating. It would also give more purpose to boycot and to the money resource! The drop in technology level could be abstracted by doctrines and such e.g. it could be a lvl 5 tanks but a country has no experience in using it and have developed no doctrines + spare parts etc nerfing it to lvl 1 or the countries level. Like the mobile infantry and recon cars they start at lvl 1 whilst countries have not researched them.

I think it would be a very nice addition because with most wars i played lasting 30-39 days you do not get to research a lot and it also helps with stacking. I just wonder if it be interested for the seller unless your in direct financial need, i always end up with 100k+ money i dont really need to spend on anything xcept a few spies here and there.
    • On this, i have indeed a remark.

The more the cheating can be seen by the players, the more they will report it, and the more i can send in the inquisition for an exterminatus.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • 'Plan is to have player to player trading of ALL resources shipped via land/sea - only money will be transferable.'

Oh my... I remember discussion about this - probably great - feature maybe a year ago. (Imagine those subs hunting for transports to sink or simply to acquire transports - reminds me Germany vs UK&USA over Atlantic during World War II. Seas will become so crowded places. 8) )

Fact that this game is evolving personally I like the most. You have enough of this - you stop playing for a half of a year and then return, and you see the game works completely different. And what is the most important - devs seem to listen our endless talking and suggesting. :D Some dude proposed drones - here they are, some other proposed provincial buildings - here they are. I remember the thread about mine fields - they are planned (if I'm not wrong).

And looks like the secret is... to simply wait. Maybe someday they will cut off gold :D (just joking).

Btw. I always wondering what else is planned and what are devs working currently and what won't implement for sure, to stop reading same suggestions over and over, like this thread for example. :P Or to stop describing something that devs currently working on.
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky