new tournament idea (for Germanico)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• new tournament idea (for Germanico)

I know and I fully understand dorado's business model but I have an interesting addition to it:

Tournament:

Entry requirements: xxx amount of gold or tournament subscription costing xxx amount of dollars a month.

Game rules : Con bareback (no gold allowed)
    Reward: not relevant.

* Germanico or other dev you can delete this post after you read. I honestly think Dorado can make a very good amount of money in addition to your other game modes and it allows a different group of clientele who are not in the gold spamming business to pay where they wont generate any income in normal games. In addition the game will be even better then it already is!
  • Hey, this has already been suggested before in Supremacy1914 and Call of War, though not led by Dorado but Bytro. The variation of limiting gold usage per day has also been suggested there. And probably here too. Well, everything got denied^^

Just stick with gold-allowed tourneys and you have a much harder challenge which is more fun isn't it? :P

For gold-free tournaments, those are most often the player-organized tournaments.
  • I get it and I understand why. It is a business. THey are in business to make money. and I love CoN so I dont mind playing I do think the game is more fun when you wreck someone that is using gold but I do wish there was a way to play gold free. I have played alliance games that are like that but no non alliance game. and while I think alliance games are more fun. I will say if I could play in gold free games even if it cost me gold I would play. If The make it cost a lot like 100,000 gold which is about $30. or heck honestly 300,000 gold. I think if they say ok whatever they average per game and add something to that and make it that amount to enter or make ppl just buy in a certain dollar amount. I would be all in. I would enter several at a time. I typically play 3 games at once and I would play all the games I am in like that. Heck if that started now I would probably archive the games I am in just to start that...
  • Mc_Johnsen wrote:

Hey, this has already been suggested before in Supremacy1914 and Call of War, though not led by Dorado but Bytro. The variation of limiting gold usage per day has also been suggested there. And probably here too. Well, everything got denied^^

Just stick with gold-allowed tourneys and you have a much harder challenge which is more fun isn't it? :P

For gold-free tournaments, those are most often the player-organized tournaments.
    it is no challange i drew a guy who had most of southern africa he had 12 bombers at least 8 fighters and when i sneak attacked his empty capitol 2 tanks and 2 puppets spawned. Its not about the gold price either if you draw someone prepared to spend a few hundred bux you have 0 chance unless you spend the same-ish
  • Thanks for noting down your experiences with what you believe to be gold users. This being said: We have a strict policy about not discussing our business model.
    If you guys don't pay for your fun that's okay with us, but you gotta realize that the folks who do actually enable you to play this game in the first place - by their contributions.

CLOSED
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf