CoNmunity Championship sign up - June

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• neuk wrote:

Thank you for organizing this, I lost by default this round because the randomize gave me Austria as starting nation so i have 0 chance of winning. I would really recommend to remove countries like these because its just not fair at all to start with so much less as the rest, you are set behind on resources, you cant have a navy and you are forced to pay a huge amount of resources (which you dont have in the first place) to annex a naval city. and 7 or more starting cities. I am also surrounded by IA nations which I am not allowed to attack.
    I mean you are allowed to attack switzerland, slowenia, checheslowakia and so on. By the way it is a heavy duty to play Austria, but it´s also very difficult to conquer it, especialy from the south!
    Greetings? 8o Grüße!
    best regards :love: MfG

GorianRay
    Céleste, TriXenonS, CyberSouls
  • neuk wrote:

Thank you for organizing this, I lost by default this round because the randomize gave me Austria as starting nation so i have 0 chance of winning. I would really recommend to remove countries like these because its just not fair at all to start with so much less as the rest, you are set behind on resources, you cant have a navy and you are forced to pay a huge amount of resources (which you dont have in the first place) to annex a naval city. and 7 or more starting cities. I am also surrounded by IA nations which I am not allowed to attack.
    "
    To clarify, are you talking about the 64 player world map? The current one is 28 players.

Austria isn't that bad. The worst ones to start with are (1) North Korea and (2) South Korea. South Korea has negative fuel production at the start and North Korea has negative fuel AND electronics at the start. Why do the game developers neglect these two nations? ANSWER ME!! Ha, JK.

I was South Korea once and I ended the game on the winning coalition and with around 800 VP. I got lucky in the beginning because Japan was inactive and North Korea and China were both n00bs. (I'm sorry, is that a derogatory term here in the forums/ in the game? If so I will refrain from using the N word.) North Korea and China went to war from the start and I was trying to help the weaker side by giving them advice, but a few days later it was easy to conquer both.

And about navy, the nice thing about being a landlocked country is you don't have to worry about invasions from the sea. You can spend the resources you would have otherwise used researching navy to research other things. I was Mongolia and I ended up getting around 600-700 VP in the end.
  • Suggestions

Dear CoNmunity!

I have a suggestion for those of you game-leaders and -creators. When you set up a new map/match please don´t set the "rules for victory" not too high. Especially a Victory-Point-setting of more than 2100 in a coalition of two members is utopian if this should lead into a world domination. By the way it is a boring game if game-creators allow an unlimited amount of gold :( especially for counting/higlevel league-games.

At this point it´s time to create more scenarios like starting a game at day xy with different economic and military settings for the nations, towns and cities.

I know it is not easy to offer even-balanced mix of preferences, nation and rules. But I hope you will find a way to do more astonishing and balanced maps and scenarios!

Yours Greg aka GorianRay [a CyberSouls corporation]
    Greetings? 8o Grüße!
    best regards :love: MfG

GorianRay
    Céleste, TriXenonS, CyberSouls