insurgents stacks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• insurgents stacks

I understand insergents needed a buff but common they are spawning stacks of 2-3 at a time and it is day 1 - 9 and on top of that they are spawning almost every 24 hours that means when you take a city you most likely need to fight 2 -4 or 6 insurgents and destroy the entire city with it to level 1. on top of that trying to bomb a 3 insurgent stack destroys your bomber too
    • HATMAKER wrote:

Im sure you already know this, but if you leave troops in the newly occupied city/province until the smoke stops the chance of insurgency drops to zero
      No it does not it decreases the chance of insurgents at 0=50% 1 4x% 2 2x% etc note that units that are not full hp do not count as full hp so 4 unites with 25% health are 1 unit with 100% health.

Ps: do you make Asshats?
    • Yes I agree ..... If you are an aggressive player you have to fight 2 and sometime 3 or 4 times for each city...... It is just not realstic nor can you plan for it..... I try to leave at least one full unit in every city till it reaches 31 % + morale and even then I can not hold newly taken cities..... If you attack two or three cities in a 24 hr period you need an extra 3 to 6 units to hold them..... I am not sure how to fix this situation. I understand that insurgents are part of the game but it seems like to high of a price for being aggressive......
    • Gents, learn the stats. Leaving one unit essentially does not lower the chance of insurgency. It does however garrison the city to defend it once insurgents appear. In order to reduce the chance of insurgency you need to place several units - I normally use 2 infantry and one armour unit. This does not set it to zero but substantially reduced the risk.

Cocnerning the amount of units spawned - 3 should not occur. Let me check with the team. I
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • neuk wrote:

No it does not it decreases the chance of insurgents at 0=50% 1 4x% 2 2x% etc note that units that are not full hp do not count as full hp so 4 unites with 25% health are 1 unit with 100% health.

I bet you really get off on telling people they are wrong. Because the guy with no d!ck has to be the smartest one in the room.

I may be wrong but Ill get passed it. You however will still be an insufferable pr!ck
      Those who would sacrifice their liberty for security deserve neither.

I am not a maker of hats but a harbinger of doom
    • HATMAKER wrote:

neuk wrote:

I bet you really get off on telling people they are wrong. Because the guy with no d!ck has to be the smartest one in the room.
      I may be wrong but Ill get passed it. You however will still be an insufferable pr!ck
      Dont be so angry dude it was a joke you are a hat maker :)
    • neuk wrote:

Dont be so angry dude it was a joke you are a hat maker

No worries dude. I just found it insulting .

neuk wrote:

OK I have not done the math. But ive observed the following;

After claiming a city or province the moral drops to 25. Said city/province will smoke and have a chance of insurgency ranging from 0 - 50%. The insurgency range seems to be directly related to the amount of troops occupying said city/province.

The occupied areas will continue to smoke until the morale reaches 30-35%. At which point the threat of insurgency becomes 0.

All this information is based on direct observation. toggleing the info button moral information city/province provides a wealth of information.
      Those who would sacrifice their liberty for security deserve neither.

I am not a maker of hats but a harbinger of doom
    • Germanico wrote:

Gents, learn the stats. Leaving one unit essentially does not lower the chance of insurgency. It does however garrison the city to defend it once insurgents appear. In order to reduce the chance of insurgency you need to place several units - I normally use 2 infantry and one armour unit. This does not set it to zero but substantially reduced the risk.

Cocnerning the amount of units spawned - 3 should not occur. Let me check with the team. I

Oke look at my current game: I am playing as south afrika and it is day 18: angola attacked zambia and rouged it so i had to attack angola, his buddies chad and cameroon attacked me to help him but i managed to kill them all. it is now day 18 i think i killed about 40-50 insurgents i have patroled parts of east zambia there are many 3 and 4 stacks and they constantly trying to expand west cameroon rouged to becouse i just didnt have the troops for a proper conquest. east cameroon is also full of rouges i hae seen stacks of 2 and 3 and they are constantly spreading. I do have many troops for day 18 but i also lost alot of troops and the rouges keeps spreading they are also really strong they are lvl 1 but they figth on par vs a lvl 3 mechanized unit, my airfoce is in the hospital (i had 7 bombers now 5 left) and more and more of them coming. I killed of angola chad and cameroon who had level 2 tanks and lvl 3 mobile inf (check the news how many of them i have destroyed) but these lvl 1 national guard like rouge stacks are alot stronger then the players.

I do not want to complain or anything but they are really many and they are really strong for 3 attack 3 defence units. when i sleep and wakeup they have taken cities and smashed my stacks of 2 mechanized defending them. I really think that now rouging someones neighbor is actually better then attacking. becouse right now i have 50 lvl 2-3 units on the board and about 15-20% rouges in and around me and they require all my 50 units and i am estimating 4-7 more days to kill and its only day 18. That is alot of trouble for a few untraned soldiers with guns, i lead the game with 5xx points the number 2 has 3xx the rouge state is 3th place with 290 vp. and the thing that kinda pisses me off is that I did not created them in the first place angola did on day 3 and the ones on the west coast apeared on day 5.

So when you told me bombers arent effective and I should use ground troops well check my game in both offence and defence they are on par with good level professional soldiers in mechanized units (should offer protection). I really think this is to much for day 5 - 18 as i said I butchered about 40-50 of them already that are 3 players worth of troops. These guys should not be on par with professional well equipped soldiers.
    • We already quietly set the rogue spawner to 1 for cities before the weekend. Please do me a favor and check if they are now max spawning one unit at a time.
      Obviously they can and will accumulate, but they never should spawn more than one presently. Not in cities nor in provinces.

Thanks for the assist.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

We already quietly set the rogue spawner to 1 for cities before the weekend. Please do me a favor and check if they are now max spawning one unit at a time.
      Obviously they can and will accumulate, but they never should spawn more than one presently. Not in cities nor in provinces.

Thanks for the assist.

//G
      I kinda kill them all and have new cities on 0% chance now since i am not a rouge spawning player but i had spawns of 2 on cities yesterday and the days before ill let you know when i see 2
    • I

Germanico wrote:

We already quietly set the rogue spawner to 1 for cities before the weekend. Please do me a favor and check if they are now max spawning one unit at a time.

Thanks for the assist.

//G
      I just received a 2 rouge spawn on Istanbul. gameid: 2365183
    • Yeah - we need to find the sweet spot. I personally think that 1 is probably a good number - cause you always have enough cities you cannot reach but which are abandoned as terrorist dens, merrily spawning fresh insurgents.
      That way it's not impossible for new players or during game start to manage insurgencies, while on the other hand if you decide to conquer an abandoned region you may face some stiff resistance.
      This being said, we are testing a playable Caliphate State where one player takes over the terrors - across the map... So we may want to give this map some extra "bonus" terrorists... hehe.
    • Just a thought on # of spawns - perhaps adjust for the life of the map? As in Day 1-7 = 1 spawn, Day 8-14 = 2 spawn, Day 15-30 = 3 spawn(this be max?)

You would think that as the map progresses, the nations playing would be better equipped to handle more than 1 as it goes on. Example is that at a certain point when I have a squadron of 5 strike fighters, I end up taking out the insurgents in 1 pass, so it's not an issue to send a single infantry to retake the city.