fleet / aircraft guard setting / protect coast or war deceleration border

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• fleet / aircraft guard setting / protect coast or war deceleration border

I play as island nations a lot but i lost my capitols a couple of times while sleeping. I use aggressive (but it doesn't always seem to work proper) and sometimes default. The problem i have is that when i sleep a neutral country sails right up my capitol and begin to unload troops whilst they are doing this my navy is just letting them pass and do nothing while they could easely sink the transports. after troops are unload and start walking the war is declared and my fleet starts bombarding my own buildings.

when a neutral country sails up a bunch of troops in a countries coastal waters in the direction of a city it is pretty obvious they are gonna attack and it would be very nice to have an option to attack everyone near your coasts including neutrals. you not loosing your capitol in your sleep you also havo 0 buildings except a harbor when you wake up and reconquer it and it is really bs when you have 2-3 destroyers laying around while someone just sails up unprotected convoys which could be destroyed in 1 second and have 0% of landing if you was awake or when someone sails up who is in war state. same goes for naval bombers / naval patrols. they can bomb transports but they allow the neutrals to debark.

I attack everyone who sails up my coasts they have no business there, maybe a countries border should be extended to the coast (on visual contact of patrol). If Venezuela sails 20 transport ships with troops and armor in the NY area it will get bombed and shot straight out of the US coastal waters because it is an act of war. The sea has no country and is for all to use in real life but sailing into coastal waters with troops is the same as crossing a border.
    • I believe this could easily be handled via the previously discussed Automatic Attack orders for certain units (eg. Artillery, Aircraft and most Naval Units).

In game development one always has to aim for the lowest hanging, multi-achieving solution to get anything done or we would be working on game features for years (like we used to in the olden days).

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

I believe this could easily be handled via the previously discussed Automatic Attack orders for certain units (eg. Artillery, Aircraft and most Naval Units).

In game development one always has to aim for the lowest hanging, multi-achieving solution to get anything done or we would be working on game features for years (like we used to in the olden days).

//G
      No that is the point when someone is neutral he can sail and land troops, after the troops are on land war is triggers and ships start shooting but then it is to late because ships cannot sink troops that landed and planes cant either so after they land they are in your city and you planes and ships start shooting at your own building the aircraft wil land and refuel and die as truck units. The agrassive mode should attack neutrals to or at least there should be a second aggressive mode that will shoot at everyone including nutrals.
    • Automatic Attack as in "Always Engage" or "Fire on Sight" or "Free Fire Zone" or however you want to call it. Units under this order will engage ALL units except friendlies. That's what I was referring to - it's a design concept we are toying with.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

Automatic Attack as in "Always Engage" or "Fire on Sight" or "Free Fire Zone" or however you want to call it. Units under this order will engage ALL units except friendlies. That's what I was referring to - it's a design concept we are toying with.

//G
      Dunno something must be done about it becouse in a x4 x10 sleeping 6 hours gives someone 60 hours to take your homeland cities and that is a lot of time to destroy a island country like japan Philippines Indonesia.