Championship questions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Championship questions

I do not fully understand the following rules:

• You can make a NAP’s with other nations, but this must have an exit condition – NAP cancelled after 48 hr before you can attack previous NAP partner.
      How is this formally arranged? are the 48 hours real life hours or in game hours because it is not clear if this will be a x1 x4 or x10 game.

Game Settings:
      • Admin Nation (Small AI e.g Switzerland, Somalia, Caribbean States) cannot be attacked
      They can never be attacked or in the 48 hour period? what if you trigger an IA boycot followed by an IA war deceleration and attack? (i had the AI war me multiple times before).
    • Hi @neuk,

There isn't an official start time yet, you will find the game in your games list today as we will be manually adding you in. We'll get back to you about the questions regarding the rules, I can tell you that the map will be of standard 24 hour time, if a rule is breached such as NAP you will need to contact someone from the moderation staff.
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• Yak wrote:

Hi @neuk,

There isn't an official start time yet, you will find the game in your games list today as we will be manually adding you in. We'll get back to you about the questions regarding the rules, I can tell you that the map will be of standard 24 hour time, if a rule is breached such as NAP you will need to contact someone from the moderation staff.
      I am a new player, I never seen a nap option in the diplomacy screen. how do you establish a Non Aggression Pact ? what is an exit condition?
    • Hiho,

neuk wrote:

• You can make a NAP’s with other nations, but this must have an exit condition – NAP cancelled after 48 hr before you can attack previous NAP partner.
      How is this formally arranged? are the 48 hours real life hours or in game hours because it is not clear if this will be a x1 x4 or x10 game.

Game Settings:
      • Admin Nation (Small AI e.g Switzerland, Somalia, Caribbean States) cannot be attacked
      They can never be attacked or in the 48 hour period? what if you trigger an IA boycot followed by an IA war deceleration and attack? (i had the AI war me multiple times before).

NAP:

NAP = Non Agression Pact = A non-aggression pact or neutrality pact is a national treaty between two or more nations/countries where the signatories promise not to engage in military action against each other.

So here we have the NAP option you make by talking to other players in the round maybe you share a border.

The "exit condition" in the NAP is there to ensure nobody is destroyed as result of one nation breaking ther NAP so here is an example,

China and Russia have a NAP.

If China breaks the NAP it means they cannot attack Russia straight away (same with Russia) both must wait at least 2 days before they fight eachother, This is more an honor rule and so abusing the NAP should not happen

When I say abusing NAP here is China and Russia have NAP and I (Russia) spam units on my border with China, I break the NAP without notices as China is in a sense of security as he believes our borders are safe and neutral (after we agreed NAP) I run in while other player is gone/offline and they do not have enough time to prepare their own defenses
      and they come back to see the NAP gone and half their provinces in their ex allies land

Admin Nation Info:

The Admin Nation will be a small AI nation in this case Somalia and will be controlled by me, I (admin) cannot take part in game and cannot be attacked (means I cannot build or recruit it is there for example if you misclicked gold use you can mail via diplomacy and it will be investigated, will be easy to ensure nobody is trolling the round with spam and troll content in paper and ofc will be there to end the game once over and keep on top of championship points

I hope this info helps you and has answered your questions

Dr. Leipreachán

Community Support
      Dr. Leipreachán - EN Team Lead
      EN Community Support
      Dorado Games | Conflict of Nations | Senior Support
    • Dr. Leipreachan wrote:

Hiho,

neuk wrote:

Game Settings:
      NAP:

NAP = Non Agression Pact = A non-aggression pact or neutrality pact is a national treaty between two or more nations/countries where the signatories promise not to engage in military action against each other.

So here we have the NAP option you make by talking to other players in the round maybe you share a border.

The "exit condition" in the NAP is there to ensure nobody is destroyed as result of one nation breaking ther NAP so here is an example,

China and Russia have a NAP.

If China breaks the NAP it means they cannot attack Russia straight away (same with Russia) both must wait at least 2 days before they fight eachother, This is more an honor rule and so abusing the NAP should not happen

When I say abusing NAP here is China and Russia have NAP and I (Russia) spam units on my border with China, I break the NAP without notices as China is in a sense of security as he believes our borders are safe and neutral (after we agreed NAP) I run in while other player is gone/offline and they do not have enough time to prepare their own defenses
      and they come back to see the NAP gone and half their provinces in their ex allies land

Admin Nation Info:

The Admin Nation will be a small AI nation in this case Somalia and will be controlled by me, I (admin) cannot take part in game and cannot be attacked (means I cannot build or recruit it is there for example if you misclicked gold use you can mail via diplomacy and it will be investigated, will be easy to ensure nobody is trolling the round with spam and troll content in paper and ofc will be there to end the game once over and keep on top of championship points

I hope this info helps you and has answered your questions

Somalia is they admin nation so it is allowed to attack the other IA nation at start? or after 48 hours? e.g. day 3 0:00
    • In the updated conversation Madagascar is Admin Nation means Admin (me) cannot play the round only there to be the observer to ensure rules are followed anhd no one is abusing the newspaper with trollin content, etc.

Every human player can attack AIs there is no peace period there

Peace Period is only for humanb players (2 days) so you cannot attack the larger nations 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 city nations until day 3 rules are here - Championship Rules
      Dr. Leipreachán

Community Support
      EN Community Support
    • Alat Urka wrote:

@Dr. Leipreachan, your comments are always seen like this.
      heheheh I use a different style the new default style with darker colors way nicer than the old blue forum style you have

just scroll to end of forum and press on change style and choose default :D
      Dr. Leipreachán

Community Support
      EN Community Support
    • Hello.
      I want to state that i can not access the game map for Community Championship.
      It says "action could not be processed by server".
      I was able to read messages but couldnt take any action.
      I know its essential to process some commands...
      After refresh i cannot even access the map.
      I am playing 6 games, all other are working!!!
      Pls check. (I can present screenshots on request).

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

- Alexander the Great -

The post was edited 1 time, last by "The Saint" ().

• The issue is gone, but lasted for hours (important hours!)
      And had possibly a really big impact on the ongoing of this game (not sure, but possibly...).
      Quite honestly i am still not completely over it ;)
      by the time i was able to log in again, the things were done.
      Funnily, as far as i know, Poland had the same issue (he told me without me mentioning anything).
      Just very weird the other games were accessible, so it cant be a networking issue on my side.
      I am no programmer, i am network engineer, so you guys have to help me out here ;)

Thank you for taking the time and coming back to it!

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

- Alexander the Great -

The post was edited 1 time, last by "The Saint" ().

• Akumage wrote:

@Dr. Leipreachan Can you confirm whether the June championship game will only last 30 days as stated here: CoNmunity Championship

I'm asking because it was not one of the rules stated here: Championship Rules

Dr. Leipreachan wrote:

Each game runs 30 days and will be ended after day change from day 30 to day 31. Winners are the players with the highest Victory Points from the CONN News.
      So a round lasts 30 days so day 30 is the final day for the running round and once tis day 31 = Game ends by manual close
      Dr. Leipreachán

Community Support
      EN Community Support