Championship questions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Thanks for the honest feedback

the reason i chose a new map was after 3 months of the same I thought it would be a breath of fresh air

But feedback ahs been taken on board for the next event round :D
      Dr. Leipreachán

Community Support
      Dr. Leipreachán - EN Team Lead
      EN Community Support
      Dorado Games | Conflict of Nations | Senior Support
    • I would like to confirm the issues crang is writing about (my resource board looks similiar to his...) and as well add one more aspect to it.
      IF we have to play nations with 5 cities only (which cripples us immensly towards others who have 7 cities, but anyway...), there is also the aspect of not even AI nations around which you can use to expand for solving that issue partially.
      Myself for example, i see me locked on land, with nations i am not allowed to attack at this stage of the game.
      Adding those two problems together, what am i supposed to do?
      We are not talking about a random public game here (where i maybe like the challenge...), we are talking about the CON-championship for cryin out loud.
      Do you get my point?
      We have lots of rules to have "fairplay" and equal starting conditions for everyone. Because its a championship. Thats great.
      Now i ask. Are the above aspects fair?
      Not personal, just thoughts ;)
      Cheers and thanks for your work for us providing and supervising this championship. We sure appreciate it! :)

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

- Alexander the Great -

The post was edited 1 time, last by "The Saint" ().

• Perhaps that will teach all of you to to use your resources wisely. I dont have any of the problems and I can perfectly produce units. Economic situation: good. Not desperate at all.
      Maybe learn how to play without getting flooded with resources, resource managament is also a skill ;)

Knowing how to do something even with very little utility is skill ;) Making the most out of anything small.

I really think that you can neglect having no AI to farm. For example taking Albania has given me: 221 components in loot. Now with a production of 126 components per DAY. So far, I got less than 400 components from Albania.
      Similar to Skopje, I dont remember how much I looted, but the DAILY production is at 103electronics per DAY. Thats pretty much nothing. The economic benefits you get from taking AI cities is slim.

Talking about fairness, thats just CoN. Sometimes you have luck and a good starting position, and sometimes you are just in bad luck.
    • equal conditions ? when countries are unbalanced by default (minor issue) and when it's a battleground of alliances that team against one another ?

There is still a long path before this can be called, out of "precise definition", a championship.

I call it a "Fray". In many championships of old, this was one of the events. Usually, the last one, in orders for all fighters to "ease the tension" in an ruthless fight without real rules.

Without Leip dedicated and relentless support, this thing would have stopped
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Opulon ().

• Easiest way to make it less into 'group brawl' and more into a championship would be to make all players anonym.

Compared to Supremacy AI nation have hardly an impact on production because of the 25% limitation, the biggest imbalance is cause by the difference between country sizes of 5-7 cities, which probably also affects starting resources and perhaps even starting troops. Don't really have enough informations in this regard.

To balance it out you could give a factor to points for smaller countries, for example 1,1 for 6 cities countries and 1,2 for 5 city countries as a handicap bonus.
    • Not about 1 alliance vs another . Never was . IT was about Killing the top 5 players on the leader board. it is about trying to do what you have to to win having the match decided by game 4 would have been a travesty. and will not happen on my watch if i can help it .
      "There are only two types of aircraft — fighters and targets."
      — Doyle 'Wahoo' Nicholson, USMC.
    • But if it was anonym it would defeat the whole point of this would it not not knowing who was the top players. and there are ways around that also . would be just 1 more thing to get abused by those that play in the Gray
    • "Not about 1 alliance vs another . Never was ." -> lol. Ok. Let's pretend it is that way.

I fear anonymous round would make easy for alliances (that as we know, don't team up, and don't deal any treaties with other alliances to kill another, and all play very respectfully of the "solo" concept fo the tournament) to create such "groups", as they would know where their friends are, and who is the ennemy.

Let's imagine for a moment that alliances did in fact play in group in this kind of championship. I know, it's unthinkable, but still, i'll call to your wildest creativity to imagine a world where this happens. Anonymous round would be nearly a death sentence for players that join to play "solo". They would be nearly assured of being manipulated into a disposable asset.

And i think this possibility, that is of course in a parallel universe, would be more problematic than "hiding the previous winner"
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Seems to me it is human nature to group with your friends. So to that end to take many groups of friends and then say there can be only 1 winner makes it kind of bad . Players will still Gravitate to their friend. Last year we had the Alliance tournament and it was great. Your played with your team vs 4 other teams (huge fun) it was played on 1990 map back then. jump to the present use a world map. we could prob field 5-8 alliances to put in there 5 man teams 5v5v5v5v5v5v5v5 . Coalitions are allowed , No shared no truce open AI game goes till VP or 1 coalition remains .
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Don't know, I would take it as a honorable act not to tell anyone who you are, just do your best to prove yourself. If you don't know who the others are, you will be less biased and would be only affected by the map itself and not additional knowledge.
      I agree with the theory. Alas, i don't think 15% of the population has its morale compass set high enough.
    • Dr. Leipreachan wrote:

Game will start at 6pm GMT = 2.5 hours from now (give or take a few minutes)
      Hiho the game was started at 18:10 GMT 10 minute later then expected but this was allowed for in the above post albeit 10 mins is a bit more than a "few minutes" :P
      Have fun Playing!
      Dr. Leipreachán

Community Support
      Dr. Leipreachán - EN Team Lead
      EN Community Support
      Dorado Games | Conflict of Nations | Senior Support