Extra Research Slot

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Extra Research Slot

One thing I've noticed when I'm playing CoN is that I seem to always seem to need another research slot mid-late game when I have stockpiled resources to finish a lot of research at the same time as mass mobilizing units.

An idea/suggestion I have is to allow us to do research for another research slot but like stealth aircraft, have the asking price be high. Maybe somewhere around 5-7K supplies and 4-6K rare materials along with 25-50K money as the research cost.
      Just a random idea of mine.

Thanks for your time.
    • 3 slots was tried at once. Outcome was that it was jeopardising the business aspect of the game, to the point they couldn't afford to keep it.

This said, i like your approach about a "third optional" slot that can be used, with a multiplier to the research cost.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Remember early is about resources - late is about time. So here is the idea to take away the time factor and replace it with resources, which are plenty anyway as the OP himself confirms.
      Now where would this proposed change be beneficial for us? Let's be honest - it's not that we devs are driving Ferrari's or living the P.I.M.P. life on board our awesome mega-yacht...
      We usually work way long hours to make stuff somehow work and need some remuneration to allow our kids to eat. Oh, and maintain servers and such ;)
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • im sure that most would agree when i say we know that the many people that work to make a game we can play and enjoy need to have the working end game covered and provide you with a living. we wish you are the best :thumbsup:
      "There are only two types of aircraft — fighters and targets."
      — Doyle 'Wahoo' Nicholson, USMC.