SPECIAL EVENT: MIDDLE EAST CRISIS

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SPECIAL EVENT: MIDDLE EAST CRISIS

Today we are releasing our brand new map Middle East Crisis for 20 players: both as a regular and 4X speed game events. Included in this map is – for the first time ever – a playable terrorist faction starting with I and ending with S. We also set the Coalition Leave Timer for this map to ZERO… to reflect the realities of modern Middle Eastern diplomacy…
      Furthermore we added our new logo and started our WORLD CUP SALES BONANZA – if you want to know more, please visit the forum. And finally we buffed both the Tank Destroyer and the Amphibious Combat Vehicle, as well as fixed quite a few nasty bugs we encountered on the way. Enjoy and may the best team win!

Balancing:

• Amphibious Combat Vehicle
        • Increased DMG vs Armor from 5/7/8 to 6/8/10
        • Increased Hitpoints from 30/36/39 to 32/38/42
        • Decreased Terrain Modifier-ATK penalty on Mountain terrain from -50% to -25%
      • Tank Destroyer
        • Increased Damage for Western/Eastern Doctrine:
          • Against Infantry From 2/3/3/4/4/5/5 to 3/4/4/5/5/6/6
          • Against Armor From 9/10/10/11/12/13/13 to 10/11/11/12/13/14/14
        • Increased Damage for European Doctrine
          • Against Armor From 10/11/11/12/13/14/14 to 11/12/12/13/14/15/15
          • Increased Hitpoints from 24/24/24/27/27/30/33 to 25/25/25/28/28/32/35
        • Decreased Components cost from 1650/1650/1650/1750/1750/1900/1900 to 1500/1500/1500/1600/1600/1750/1750
      • Aligned TDS radar and AA range
      • Unified radar ranges across unit types for TDS and Mobile Radar
      • Removed Fire Control from TDS and SAM units (they couldn’t use it anyway)
      Additions:
      • New CON Logo
      • Started World Cup Sale Bonanza
      • Middle East Crisis 20 player map
      Fixes:
      • Fixed a critical bug leading to game loading errors
      • Fixed background images and their offsets
      • Fixed a problem with the game website in low resolutions
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• About Amphibious Combat Vehicle (ACV)
      Now reminds me a jungle tank - 10 dmg is quite strong - but when I look how those ones look in reality, they seem to have "light weaponry" (maybe that's the condition why they can be amphibious). if I compare visually ACV with that huge cannon installed on ex. Mobile Artillery it looks like not designed to fight heavy armored targets.

To be constructive:
      I think ACV stats was good before. It is a "natural shell' to Naval Infantry. Problem with that unit is in research dependency form Armored Fighting Vehicle (AFV) in every Tier. It could be changed to depend only on AFV Tier 1, or be completely separate research line, because they seem to have completely different purpose. Practically we can have maxed Naval Infantry, but sill a weak ACV because of this dependency matter. In result we use different unit instead. It seems even strange that Main Battle Tank isn't depend on anything in the same logic.
      Second thing - I don't know it's intentional, but embarkation times are same to every unit with no differences between naval base lv1 and lv5 ( if I'm not wrong ) and it looks broken if you watch an image below:
      embarkation.png
      Those differences in embarkation times was a nice feature if you ask me. If this one will be fixed or will return, units like ACV and Naval Infantry could have constant and low times of embarkation - lets say 15min/30min to perform really quick strikes in unpredictable places and much quicker deal with archipelago's territories (I think those guys are not unpacking as fast as any other unit in reality, specially into enemy territory ). Which in my opinion could make Naval Inf + ACV quite powerfull, without boosting any combat stats.
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 10 times, last by Efreet: grammar, more arguments, more content ().