Gamemaster control over inactive players

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gamemaster control over inactive players

I know you just closed a thread on this just a month ago, but my games are getting really boring just fighting a bunch of nerfed AI. I've been promoted to game admin (aka game master) because the previous one went inactive, but the only option I have is to remove all inactives. I want to be able to be more selective so that players that log in once or twice a week have a chance to get back into the game instead of just booting everyone. How I would make that happen:

Have two thresholds, one when you go inactive (say, 2 days), and one when you are REALLY inactive (say, 1 week). Game masters should only be allowed to boot the really inactives, and then be allowed to select who to boot (maybe they got a message from someone that they were going on vacation for a couple weeks but would be back - no reason to boot that guy). However, leave the inactivity flag in, since players should be allowed to see who is "normal" inactive because there's no reason not to smash the guy. Is that making sense?
    • The bigger problem is: how to bring new players into a running game - but we are working on this from all sides.
      So expect changes in the future.

We want slots to open when the player just checked out the map, new players coming into old games and replacements taking over fully inactive nations. That's the goal - and we will be working on it step by step because empty late game is not cool, but you cannot keep players from churning in such a long game like they for instance do by punishing rage quitters in Heroes of the Storm.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • I agree that getting players to join old games is the bigger issue, nobody has joined since I kicked all the inactives out of my game, even though there are some fairly powerful countries to take over. I guess it doesn't make sense to kick people out at all until that is resolved. Thanks for the insight Germanico!