Do support units count as hard or soft targets?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Do support units count as hard or soft targets?

Do support units count as hard or soft targets? Also what determines what gets hit first in a stack? I notice if I put a sam with my units my sams take all the damage first in regular combat. What is the order of targets if you have inf, tank, td, afv, aa, art, tds?

Thanks
    • This can help a bit

Eulogi wrote:

What determines what gets hit first in a stack? I notice if I put a sam with my units my sams take all the damage first in regular combat. What is the order of targets if you have inf, tank, td, afv, aa, art, tds?
      Damage Distribution Weight
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • Here's the explanations and data from the Oct 12, 2022, version of the spreadsheet at the URL JFK included in his post immediately above.

==================================================================

Aside from RNG, each unit has its own weight value that dictates how much damage it would absorb from other units stacked together.

Example; A stack with 1 Naval ASF and 4 Strike Fighter.

Units
      1x Naval ASF
      4x Strike Fighter

Weights
      1 x 5.00 = 5, and 4 x 1.50 = 6
      5 + 6 = 11
      Now incoming damage will be segmented into 11 parts, 5 go to Naval ASF and 6 go to Strike Fighter

Unit 1x Naval ASF 4x Strike Fighter
      Damage:
      100% x (5 / 11) = 45.45%
      100% x (6 / 11) = 54.54%

So in theory; the 1 Naval ASF in this stack will take 45.45%, and the 4 SF will take 54.54% of incoming damage.

Ground units
      ⓘ Note that a stand alone unit such as missiles is pointless to know the weight, same goes to transport truck & grounded aircraft since they can only stack with themselves so they will always have the same weight.

Unit Weight
      Mot Infantry 1.35
      Combat Recon Vehicle 2.50
      Mechanized Infantry 1.25
      Armor Fighting Vehicle 2.50
      Marine Infantry 1.00
      Amphibious Combat Vehicle 2.50
      Airborne Infantry 1.00
      Main Battle Tank 2.75
      Special Forces 0.50
      Tank Destroyer 2.75
      National Guard 1.25
      Towed Artillery 3.00
      Infantry Officer 1.00
      Mobile Artillery 2.00
      Airborne Officer 1.00
      Multiple Rocket Launcher 3.00
      Tank Officer 1.00
      Mobile AA 3.00
      SAM 3.00
      Elite MBT 2.75
      TDS 3.00
      Elite Railgun 2.50
      Mobile Radar 2.50
      Elite UGV 1.50
      ICBM Launcher 1.00
      BM Launcher 1.00
      CM Launcher 1.00

Air units

Unit Weight
      Air Superiority Fighter 3.50
      Helicopter Gunship 3.00
      Naval Air Superiority Fighter 5.00
      Attack Helicopter 2.00
      Stealth Air Superiority Fighter 1.50
      ASW Helicopter 1.50
      Strike Fighter 1.50
      Naval Strike Fighter 1.50
      Rotary Wing Officer 1.00
      Stealth Strike Fighter 0.50
      Fixed Wing Officer 1.00
      UAV 0.50
      Naval Patrol Aircraft 2.00
      Elite Attack Helicopter 1.50
      AWACS 2.00
      Elite Bomber 1.50
      Naval AWACS 2.00
      Elite Strike Fighter 1.00
      Heavy Bomber 1.50
      Stealth Bomber 0.50

Naval units

Unit Weight
      Corvette 3.50
      Attack Submarine 1.50
      Frigate 3.00
      Missiles Submarine 0.50
      Destroyer 2.50
      Cruiser 1.50
      Naval Officer 1.00
      Aircraft Carrier 1.00
      Submarine Commander 1.00
      Elite AIP Submarine 1.00
      Transport Ship 0.5

The post was edited 3 times, last by KFGauss ().

• KFGauss wrote:

Look at it this way guys - No matter what irrelevant mindset anyone tries to tell you to use, this thread was/is neither dead nor resurrected - It simply *exists*.

JohnFKennedy wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Look at it this way guys - No matter what irrelevant mindset anyone tries to tell you to use, this thread was/is neither dead nor resurrected - It simply *exists*.
      Lmao ok. I just used his mindset
      Funny...Someone liked a post I had like 3 years ago and was pretty enlightening revisiting the thread and see how my game style / philosophy has changed over the years. It was still sound advice of course ;) But would never think of playing that way again.

In this game; you don't know what you don't know. Except latest batch of noobs who jump on Forum throwing "expert advice" after a handful of games and a month on forum.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • The Pale Rider wrote:

Except latest batch of noobs who jump on Forum throwing "expert advice" after a handful of games and a month on forum.
      Wait I just quoted a google doc from one of u generals, that doc doesnt belong to me. I know myself that I am too inexperienced to make my own ansewr. If u notice more u can actually see that I usually just ask questions and wait for answers. :D
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • JohnFKennedy wrote:

The Pale Rider wrote:

Except latest batch of noobs who jump on Forum throwing "expert advice" after a handful of games and a month on forum.
      Wait I just quoted a google doc from one of u generals, that doc doesnt belong to me. I know myself that I am too inexperienced to make my own ansewr. If u notice more u can actually see that I usually just ask questions and wait for answers. :D
      wasnt referring to you.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • xXWolfXx wrote:

KF revived a 4 year old post lol
      Actually it was JFK - But once JFK did it, I knew that I would want to be able to see the Google Spreadsheet info without having to follow the link JFK gave us, so I added the text version.

Bravo to JFK for finding an existing useful place to put recent additional info, instead of spamming out an overlapping new thread.

Frowny faces to Koop (and me) for putting a "Thread was dead" distraction after a useful mini-conversation about damage distribution.

I'd be perfectly happy to see this and everything else after the damage distribution info deleted.
    • The Pale Rider wrote:

JohnFKennedy wrote:

The Pale Rider wrote:

wasnt referring to you.

KFGauss wrote:

KoopKoopyGuy likes this.
      Okay :D
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine