Unfair

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Just when i thought i finally found a game which is both fun and challenging with clear rules...i've run into some "rich boi". I had 15 stealth bombers and could not hit him as fast as he was popping out airbases and troops. It is ridiculous, guys. I totally understands that there has to be a cash into games, as this is the ultimate purpose ( i am also a software developer so i understand 100% ).

But what i've experienced from a small nation,over a two days interval, while me being the first ranked is simply ridiculous. It breaked all the game balanced mechanics. Maxed out everything, strike fighters kept coming, bases fully built instantly
    The guy said he put 400$ and was preparing another 300$. Why would someone spent the equivalent of a decent summer week on a nice location on an online game, is beyond me

But i do know one thing: Guys like this is the reason why i personally don't put any cash. Because i can't put a reasonable 50$ to be beaten to frustration by someone putting ten times more. So i prefer to play for fun and just archive and move to next game when lose

Still, i have two suggestions:

- Mark these guys. Give them a golden medal or something, next to their names. So at least we know to avoid them in a game. They don't care anyway..
    - Balance the use of cash. Like i said, you will end-up getting more both in terms of income and player base. Rushing an airbase is one thing, getting it to level 5 in one hour is a different thing. Be smart, don't be greedy. Otherwise this game will end just like many other games

If the above suggestions are not acceptable, can you at least tell what strategy other than close the game i can try on the next encounter?
  • Why do you care for a victory over unfair player then? Let him be. It was a regular game, right? We should ask him, why does he care so much about a regular game that he is willing to put 700$ in it? Those games are meant for fun, they are not big deal.

Also, if you look for challenging games in CoN, I think there are some games or gamemodes (such as alliance challenges) with "no gold" rule.
  • i do play this game for some time now.
    I do not use gold on a regular base and my ranking is not so bad after all.
    Just ignore this, stay away when you can and enjoy this great game anyway ;)
    ...we all get our butts beaten every now and then, no matter how "experienced" you are. thats just life i guess ;)

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

- Alexander the Great -
  • I have to agree. I have bought gold just to battle one of these unlimited budget wallet warriors. I like being able to get premium features like build queue and others, but the ability of totally max everything out just because daddy's credit card has not hit its limit yet is a bad thing. Other players, who might reasonably be expected to pay for premium features may choose to NOT play. This makes it a game of who can afford to buy victory, not one of strategy and teamwork.
    I've been around the block a time or two, and we all support the company's right to make a profit, and would pay a reasonable subscription for a quality gaming experience, so please consider revising your fee schedule and the abilities you give to rich kids.
  • We've said it time and again - criticizing players for spending gold is like biting the hand that feeds you. They pay the servers and our wages. Why is it so hard to understand that making games such as CON is an extremely complex and expensive undertaking? If you want free games for free, there are great offers in humble-bundle and others. Seriously. The difference between a game such as CON and LOL or Fortnite should be pretty obvious, no? You need about 3 million active players (meaning folks actually playing the game - not just registering) to reach the level at which you can even start to consider utilizing a similar payment model. And no - there are not enough players in the world interested in a modern war strategy game to ever reach this in a human lifetime. So... enough please.

CLOSED
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf