Alternate Aircrafts Tech Tree

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Alternate Aircrafts Tech Tree

I apologize in advance if my English is average. I am indeed French and not very good at foreign languages.

in my opinion, there are several possibilities of possible evolution at the level of aviation to make it more realistic.

I think that there is too much space given to stealthy planes and too early in the game. They should belong to Tier 3 and not Tier 2.

for my part, I think it would be better to have only one stealth fighter model to give more space to the drones that are the fight of the future. We would always have for each doctrine 7 models of light aircraft.

the detailed proposal below incorporates many device changes to make more sense to me.

air superiority fighter

Display Spoiler

doctrine Tier One Tier Two Tier Three
      westernF-4 Phantom II F-16C Fighting Falcon F-16V Viper
      european JA 37 Viggen Mirage 2000C Eurofighter Typhoon
      eastern Mig-23 Flogger Mig-29 Fulcrum Mig-35 Super Fulcrum

naval air superiority fighter

Display Spoiler

westernF-14A Tomcat F-14D Super Tomcat F/A-18F Super Hornet
      european Sea Harrier AV-8B Harrier II Rafale M
      easternYak-38 ForgerYak-141 FreestyleMig-29K Fulcrum

the stealth multirole fighter (tier 3 only)

Western doctrine : F-22 Raptor
      European doctrine : MBB Firefly IV
      Western doctrine : Su-57 PAK-FA

strike fighter

Display Spoiler

westernF-111 Aardvark F-15E Strike EagleF-15SE Silent Eagle
      european Jaguar STornado JAS-39F Gripen NG
      easternSu-24 FencerSu-30 FlankerSu-34 Fullback

naval strike fighter

Display Spoiler

westernA-7 Corsair IIF/A-18C Hornet F-35C Lightning II
      european Etendard IVMSuper Etendard F-35B Lightning II
      easternSu-17 Fitter (*)Su-33 Flanker Shenyang J-11

(*) Beware, the Su-17 Fitter can not be used from an aircraft carrier.

UAV (Unmanned Air Vehicle)

Display Spoiler

westernRQ-1 PredatorMQ-9 Reaper Avenger ER
      european Heron Super Heron EuroMALE
      eastern??? Searcher IIWing Loong

UCAV (Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle - Tier 3 only)

Western doctrine : X-47B
      European doctrine : nEUROn
      Western doctrine : Mig SKAT

The presentation of the models is finished for the light aircrafts. I am ready to offer the same job for helicopters and/or heavies aircrafts.
    • The strike version of the Viggen is the AJ37 Viggen.

For the JA37, Wikipedia wrote:

Primarily a single-seat all-weather interceptor fighter, with a secondary attack role. Its first flight was on September 27, 1974[117] with the first deliveries starting in 1979,[117] serial numbers 37301-37449. A 10 cm (4 in) stretch in the shape of a wedge wider at the bottom than on the top of AJ 37 fuselage between canard and main wing. PS 46A LD/SD radar. Partially decommissioned in 1998, some upgraded to JA 37D.

for the Sea Harrier, it is for lack of alternative, the Etendard IVM and Super Etendard being pure attack aircraft too.

Apart from some versions of Sea Harrier (Sea Harrier F(A).2 with Blue Vixen radar) and Harrier II (with radar APG-65) are capable of using the AIM-120A AMRAAM.
    • For naval strike fighter tier 3 (Eastern) the Su-39 will be more suitable than the J-11.
      I had an idea to replace the J-11 with Su-57K (The naval version of the Pak-Fa)...
      THREE THINGS YOU MUST REMEMBER FROM ME-
      1:When you play,never foget to research as many technology as you can-later will be useful
      2:.Don't overbuild-Or when the fuel bills come,you will cry .
      3:First attack playable countries-or later they will eat you alive.
      thanks for reading.
    • The so-called "Eastern" Doctrine is just exclusively Russian technology. Seeing something Chinese just doesn't feel right. Honestly, all the aircraft tech trees fine the way they are in my opinion. The only thing I want to change is the European Doctrine's Stealth Strike Fighter. It should be the F-35 Lightning II (since that is FAR more consistent with reality), not the outdated F-117 Nighthawk. What's so bad about ONE piece of technology shared amongst 2 doctrines? We can have an exception
    • for the Eastern doctrine, it is the absence of Russian solution that makes me integrate Chinese elements to complete the holes. it seems all the more conceivable that one is no longer solely on European maps.

for aircraft technology trees, I would agree to simply removed the stealth strike fighter. there is indeed not enough model available. Instead, I replace it with the unmanned combat air vehicle that would have more of a place for me in an independent category. Like the Tier 3 unmanned aerial vehicle (more lightly armed), it would be air support aircraft.

For the F-35 Lightning, I rather give him the place of Tier 3 naval strike fighter within the Western and European doctrines. it is in my opinion more logical especially than the Harrier II currently used in European doctrine.