[Concept] Terrain type damage modification to aircraft

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Concept] Terrain type damage modification to aircraft

For example :

Strike Fighters & Air Superiority Fighters + stealth and naval variants:
      -50% damage in a jungle and forest terrain type.
      Bombers:
      -25% forests and jungle
      Gunships:
      no changes

I could make 'helcs', as they are now, an ultimate flying tool to clear 'harsh' terrain, and enables new defensive strategy, plus ads more realism (I guess).
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

• Wouldn't bombers be equal effective in jungle in forest? The blow everything up, trees will offer only minimal cover against explosions. Though in mountains I would guess them to be less effective.

Also why are helicopters not affected? They can't fly between the trees and gun pellets are more affected by tree coverage than bombs? Though in mountains helicopter would probably be superior, because they can hide there better and even could profit from taking less damage by counterattacks?
    • Damage is a matter of precision. Firing blind is always less effective and helcs have proper tools for tracking installed.
      Well, I was thinking about lower damage to units that are not properly scouted, but it sounds like something completely new. For example : why bomber should have less damage if it's assisted with drone scouting.
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 3 times, last by Efreet: grammar ().