A subsitute for the Fox CRV

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A subsitute for the Fox CRV

It's bit of a pet peeve of mine, could we please replace the Fox as the European Doctrine’s Combat Recon Vehicle? The thing is just ugly and looks like a toy that could slight breeze could take out. It wasn't even that prominent in real life with a short service life in the British Army and was derided as a death trap. I know war isn't a fashion contest, but could we have something a little more venerable and badass-looking? Like the following:

EE-9 Cascavel (My personal top pick)
      Spähpanzer Luchs
      Panhard ERC-90
      VCC-1 (Licensed Italian M113)
      FV432
      Saurer 4K 4FA
      Bravia Chaimite

Or we could make the VEC-M1 the first Tier and insert the Puma (4x4) in the middle (I feel Italian hardware is criminally neglected here)?
    • The ERC Sagaie : this thing has been used absolutely everywhere in all conflicts France involved itself. It's the embodiment of a military vehicle "fit" for neo-colonial warfare.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • even if I'm at the French base, I do not think that the ERC-90 is the best possible solution.

I would also remove all derivatives of M113 and other tracked to have a difference with the vehicle of Western doctrine.

the VEC M1 would indeed have its place as a Tier 1 vehicle.

In any case, it is the whole of the vehicles of the Western and European doctrines which would have to be reviewed. It is a little better for Eastern doctrine.
      Because by looking closely, very few vehicles are really in the place they should have if we respected the rule of Tier and therefore what year they were put into service.
    • Pygargue56 wrote:

even if I'm at the French base, I do not think that the ERC-90 is the best possible solution.

I would also remove all derivatives of M113 and other tracked to have a difference with the vehicle of Western doctrine.

the VEC M1 would indeed have its place as a Tier 1 vehicle.

In any case, it is the whole of the vehicles of the Western and European doctrines which would have to be reviewed. It is a little better for Eastern doctrine.
      Because by looking closely, very few vehicles are really in the place they should have if we respected the rule of Tier and therefore what year they were put into service.
      Good points. I now think my last option as the best: Make the VEC-M1 the first Tier and place something else in Tier 2 (such as the Puma)
    • then we can fully review the combat reconnaissance vehicle for the European doctrine.

Indeed, the Griffon VBMR is only a armored personnel carrier vehicle and not a combat reconnaissance vehicle.

CRV Tier One : VEC-M1
      CRV Tier Two : Puma AFV
      CRV Tier Three : ??? (I propose the Pandur II 8x8 with 30 mm gun)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pygargue56 ().

• Pygargue56 wrote:

then we can fully review the combat reconnaissance vehicle for the European doctrine.

Indeed, the Griffon VBMR is only a armored personnel carrier vehicle and not a combat reconnaissance vehicle.

CRV Tier One : VEC-M1
      CRV Tier Two : Puma AFV
      CRV Tier Three : ??? (I propose the Pandur II 8x8 with 30 mm gun)
      How about the EBRC Jaguar (I'm surprised you, a Frenchman, didn't choose this) or the LGS Fennek (which the game's so-called "Griffon" actually is)
    • the EBRC Jaguar is indeed a Tier 3 vehicle. It can also be positioned in the other categories and not just as a CRV.

we can also consider it as a Tank Destroyer with the following organization:
      - Tank Destroyer Tier One: AMX-10RC
      - Tank Destroyer Tier Two: Centauro
      - Tank Destroyer Tier Three: EBRC Jaguar.

it should be seen that the EBRC Jaguar should be considered a light tank as it will not have troop transport capabilities unlike an M3 Bradley.

it is therefore to be seen.