ANTI AIR UDPATE (180711)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ANTI AIR UDPATE (180711)

+ + + + UPDATE + + + +
      Commander, Anti Air units have received an intensive overhaul to give you the best feedback and expectation when defending yourself against missiles and aircraft. To compliment this revamp you will find an upgraded 28 Player Word Redux map (now 32 Players) and some much needed refinements across the board, some of which inspired from the communities feedback.

Anti Air Overhaul

• Anti Air Rebalancing
        • Anti Air has been rebalanced to be more reliable and intuitive
        • Anti Air damage now occurs every 10 minutes instead of every hour
        • Anti Air goes on cooldown even if the target was one-shot
        • Increased TD level 5 damage vs Missiles
      • Anti Air Attack Graphics. New Visualisations of Firing, Reloading, and Sounds

Updates

• Damage required to disable Air base and Navy wharf has been increased from 20% to 60%
      • Aircraft patrol has been adjusted to attack a bit more frequently
      • Insurgent will only spawn in cities
      • Insurgents can now Embark/Disembark without the use of harbours
      • Negative modifier for civilian casualties is now 20% stronger
      • Increased Looting on maps
      • Adjusted embarkation timers for Naval bases:
        • Harbor:
          From 0.01 to 0.1Navy Wharf:
          From 0.01 to 0.1Naval Base level 2/3/4/5:
          From 0.01 to 0.2/0.3/0.4/0.5

28 Player World Redux Map Overhaul

For the map overhaul 4 players were added, and rebalanced accordingly. This means that you will experience more consistent gameplay, eliminating deadzones which would ruin the strategic value of game progression.
      • 32 Players:
        • Greece
        • Peru
        • Ethiopia
        • Spain
      • Rebalancing:
        • Provinces, Cities, Production

Fixes

• Previously close combat and artillery fire would cause AA to go into cooldown state. This has been fixed, and Anti Air only goes on cool down when it fires at Air units now
      • Airborne units (Units with Air Assault) no longer return if the airbase they launched from is destroyed whilst they are in the process of air assaulting
      • Amended incorrect Military Logistics description
      • Fixed an Issue where T-80 Model would display an outdated version
      • Removed incorrect war declaration warning when ordering Ballistic Missile and ICBM launchers to cross neutral country border
      • Radar Ranges have been adjusted:
        • TDS lvl 5: From 150 to 175
        • Mobile SAM: From 100 to 75

//Your Dorado Team
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• "Anti Air goes on cooldown even if the target was one-shot"

hahahahhahaha.

I just imagined the total madness of the thing, without that. Good thinking

"Previously close combat and artillery fire would cause AA to go into cooldown state. This has been fixed, and Anti Air only goes on cool down when it fires at Air units now"

This is a very potent boost. Maybe a little too much, we'll see. I mean, the whole incentive when you use soft counters like special forces or ground forces to "silence" anti-air, is to "block them" in close combat. If the anti-air continues to shoot, it closes the windows of many interesting unit synergies.

Need to test that, but i think i can anticipate i will advise for you to put back this bug as a feature lol :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • "Previously close combat and artillery fire would cause AA to go into cooldown state. This has been fixed, and Anti Air only goes on cool down when it fires at Air units now"

This was truly needed to artillery mixed with AA stacks. If it works It's a great fix in my opinion. I'm not sure about close combat, but it feels realistic - does anti-air specialized unit should involve to close combat or keep watching air space till the end? I think the second option.
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

• You know... This is kinda strange. Only TDS and SAM parameters were changed ( no def AA damage), but rest seem unchanged. But is this mean that only TDS and SAM works on new rules? I don't know, I play low-day scenarios currently. So, no proper data for analysis.

But yeah, this is the problem with Mobile Anti-Air Vehicle in their "duality". Well, with ships I don't see any, They actually should use artillery fire and aa fire even same time like some kind of double strike, coz probably handling a cannon or AA turret there, do not require attention of whole crew. :)

Edit:
      And this could resolve another annoying stacking problem with Frigates + Cruisers. If stack fire by artillery, AA starts counting, making whole stack vulnerable to airstrike. Yeah, I know - Split, fire, merge again, but I guess that way don't satisfy anyone. :)
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 2 times, last by Efreet: gammar, more content ().

• Kalrakh wrote:

Does this mean, non-city province won't have any chance for insurgencies anymore? Or is this only about spawns after the first spawn?
      Insurgents can only spawn in Cities, but they can still move around to the neighbouring provinces. So, to repeat it to make it clear, the spawn point for insurgents is only cities now.

To answer your other question: Anti Air and Close combat are now decoupled, so if the AA combat is reloading, the unit in question is still able to defend itself from close combat. This applies to all units with AA capabilities, as it is not unit specific but combat specific.

Efreet wrote:

Non user friendly timer detected:
      Brought it up yesterday and it was fixed immedietly, it is only a visual issue, the backend is working as intended in this regard.
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• + + + + HOTFIX + + + +

The community feedback showed concern about the recent changes in Anti Air, particulary in the case of baiting the Anti Air unit. As a countermeasure to this issue we have released a hotfix to both the Surface-to-air Missile Launcher and Theatre Defense System. The DEF Ratings now match their respective ATK Ratings, to give them a better fighting chance in the case that baiting occurs.
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• That's correct Opulon. They are tough now, yet still should be able to overcome with some micro-management (intended - we don't want to kill the fun) and/or the use of specialized units such as special forces or helis.

Explanation: As previously mentioned elsewhere we had set the def values to zero due to a flaw in the design while removing the flaw, but then forgot to update the values leaving them at zero.
      This was really not intended and of course easily abused.

@all: sorry for the confusion with the "zeroed" def ratings, and thanks for your objective and valuable feedback... it shows how mature this community is, in many other games this would have simply caused a massive s***storm.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • if the values are potent enough, i may come to suggest to "put back" what was handled like a bug, aka "anti-air round denied" when the anti-air is in close combat.

It was a very interesting use of shock combat tactics or special forces.

But at least, if the anti-air play their role accordingly, it will be the end of unilateral air-missile slaughter
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • @Opulon
      "put back" what was handled like a bug, aka "anti-air round denied when the anti-air is in close combat."

It reminds me sending kamikaze to restart AA counter. I could theoretically airstrike single SF unit into AA doom stack in some city, to keep them busy, and then mass strikers to do the rest (or I've missed something). Looks like 'tricky' feature for me. But, it sounds more reasonable when AA units have def damage. Good if this could be described at #tips-and-tricks on discord channel. Very interesting idea that devs teach community how to play (coz you know, players hides the knowledge to themselves), if there won't be a spam, like it is now. ;)
      ___

You know, maybe this AA giant boost isn't so bad. After all, they are defensive specialized units useless in some cases (eg. vs land build) instead of strike fighters which are produced in masses per every two players to defense and offense from air, ground and sea. Now AA units can calm down strikers for sure. :D
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky

• To be honest, i find this community to be very open and straightforward about what they find within the game scope, that is "über efficient" and disruptive to the game. And many fixes done to the game have been done hearing this fact from trained players that were managing to utterly crush opposition through specific "tricks"

"It reminds me sending kamikaze to restart AA counter. I could theoretically airstrike single SF unit into AA doom stack in some city" ---> Indeed. But in this regard, it would just deny the offensive round, not the point defense.

If the special force is one-shotted, the round resets one minute after by the way. However, you're right that obviously, the goal is to use "the minimum necessary amount" to block the unit.

This said, considering the investment, and potential difficulty of sneaking special forces there, maybe it's "fair" as a design. On this, it's obviously open to differences of point of view.

And globally, yes, it's good that AA is potent.