Forces me to attack people to move troops.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Forces me to attack people to move troops.

I am playing a game where I am Algeria, and I have started attacking Spain. I am about halfway through Spain, yet the USA started attacking me. I decided I'd send some of my troops currently in Spain back to Algeria to defend against the USA. When I tried to tell my troops to move from Spain to Algeria, the only path it creates is by conquering 2 enemy provinces and a city, and then using that city's harbor to return home by boat to Algeria. Why is this the only option? Why is it forcing me to attack when there's a direct route from where the troops are in Spain, to an Algerian harbor in spain, to an algerian harbor in Algeria. It's really annoying. Now I must either tell my troops to move to the harbor in Spain, and then move them again to Algeria, or I am forced to attack and possibly lose some of those troops by attacking a city. Both waste so much time which allow the US to have such a high advantage over me. If this was real life, they'd take the simple, easy, route through safe conquered territory, to a safe conquered harbor, to a safe homeland harbor, and then go to the threat. But the game doesn't allow logical solutions I guess. It chooses the "fastest" route possible. The fastest route isn't always the best option.

And why do the attachments on these forums only allow such small file sizes? A standard screenshot of the game in my browser to attach is too big. I have to reduce its size tremendously via MS Paint or other programs, which is an inconvenience. So that's why the image may be hard to see. Sorry.
      Files
    • while using the way point is good alot off the time it still doesnt work because even then it still pick the longest route instead of the shortest becuase ive had pick the hour long route on me many time instead of the 30 minute route ive just never said anything because i already you knew about the problem and you guys were working on it and thank you for all the hard work you do you hav to chase alot of bugs all the time
      • hello