Units need more component upkeep

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Units need more component upkeep

I like to play the Air Assault combo, but playing it I kind of wreck my own economy, because the high upkeep of supply makes it hard to produce my mine units while I suffer of a overabundance of components.

Towed artillery, built with supply and electronics, upkeep: supply
      AA-guns, built with supply and components, upkeep: supply
      SAMs, built with supply and electronics, upkeep: supply
      Airborne infantry, built with components and electronics, upkeep: supply
      Armored recon, built with supply and components, upkeep: supply
      Air superiority, built with components and supply, upkeep: electronics

Even though some of those units are mostly need components to be built, they don't consume components as upkeep, therefore wrecking your supply production.

In the end Airborne are the only units, which I can steadily produce, but they would only wreck my supply prodcution even more.
    • I agree except for using electronics as an upkeep resource. Supply and fuel should be the only two unit upkeeps. They would naturally be in much higher proportions to the build resources; componenets, electronics, and rares. Strategically this will allow the player to understand his daily upkeep requirement versus unit build potential alot better. While buildings should have their upkeep requirements in those 'durable' less common varieties. Money of course being required by everything.
    • This would be my logical of supply types:

Supply = food and ammunition
      Component = low tech repair
      Oil = fuel
      Electronics = high tech repair
      manpower = workpower used for maintenance/replacement of lost troops

So I don't think only Supply and fuel should be used, but I think upkeep should be moe similar to build cost regarding supply, components and electronics.
    • Amored Recon is considered tank unit and same goes for most support, they still only use supply.

From 7 units that offer Air Assault only one unit does not need supply as ubkeep: Tank Destroyer
      Airborne and Special Forces are built with components but still have supply as upkeep.

If you go mobile artillery you most likely will built some tanks to as meat shield, so upkeep will even out a bit better.

If you go with tanks as main force you will still need infantry to conquer.
      Same goes goes for ships.
    • I think minature changes to any aspect of the resource system would require rebalancing all others. If the work load isn't worth the envisioned benefit than we're probably not going to influence anything. As it stands, S14 has achieved a much greater level of balance. Followed by CoW then this fresh subject which feels like I'm playing some sort of a JRPG with one million yen pricetags on wooden swords. Frankly, resource values (TIME, units, buildings, and provinces) should be perfectly balanced and overhauled in stark contrast to CoW to signify this as a unique improved system. That is the inevitable outcome which the scripters cannot hide from; mwahahaha.

The post was edited 7 times, last by mccarty.geoff: i like to hear myself type :3 ().