DEVELOPER DIARY 4: RANK & STATS OVERHAUL (PREVIEW)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Will collide full force with how the game works.

1°) Unit die quickly. Most player wouldn't even understand there is a ranking system, due to it being irrelevant in the bigger picture.
      2°) Game would probably handle XPs as it handls HPs, meaning that when you merge units, it makes a "common pool". Meaning that if an unit survives enough fight to get a correct veterancy, you will probably merge it with rookie units to reform a battle line. the common XP pool wil become insufficient to ensure all units of the pool are "experienced", and you're back to 1°)

A system of veterancy would work only if units kept "separated" as units in the UI (in the back end, also means that each iteration of unit must have all levels of veterancy), Something that would be really hard to handle, and would lead to a new layer of potential bugs. Ultimately, the feature would become cosmetic.

If i was to advocate such a system (because obviously, how to be "against" this kind of cool feature), i would probably suggest an option to "train" units and improve them, against $$$, components, supplies, etc
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Not in this game at this point in time. Experience may someday be a thing - but presently we are up to our sleeves in work and this would change many basic underlying features and mechanics.

This being said I love XP a lot myself and had them on the list during pre-production. Just to show you that we do very much care for the basic concept.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf