[Concept] Quit types, xp penalties and reputation system

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Concept] Quit types, xp penalties and reputation system

I don't know why, but people just participate to almost every game. Is this some kind of power leveling, or bot testing, multiuser? I don't know, but sometimes I find statistics like this one:

lol.jpg

I think It's one of most important problems with this game, so I prepared some ideas interrelated by each other.

Definitions:

standard =
      - can't return to the scenario,
      - all provinces are added to provinces lost in player stats,
      - nation is controlled by ai and resets diplomatic relations,
      - ai is moving units to protect holemands,
      - country is leaving a coalition,

Quit types:

1) "Insta" quit

Description:
      Player is sure that he won't play next few days or more - he's going on holidays, he's got ban on computer, he's simply has no time for games at the moment etc. So player can quit scenario any time instantly, and do not piss off other players, probably.

Consequences:
      - 1000 (?)xp lost and -1 reputation,
      - standard

2) Surrender

Description:
      Simply player has lost the war, so he shouldn't get any exp penalty, or be forced to keep waiting with single island province somewhere in the world to just don't get penalty for inactivity. :)

Conditions:
      - less than 3 homeland cities left

Consequences:
      - no exp or reputation penalty,
      - standard

3) Inactivity

This is a higher level of sin in my opinion.

Consequences:
      - 3000(?)xp and -3 to reputation,
      - standard

Player reputation system:

1st place: +6
      2nd place: +6
      3rd place:+6
      4th place: +3
      5th place: +3
      6th place +3
      7th place +2
      8th place +2
      9th place +1
      10th place +1
      Insta quit: -1
      Inactivity: -3

Max. is 10, min. is -10.

Map requirement - reputation rank:

- "Off"- no reputation requirements
      - "On" - dedicated to players with reputation equal or above -3 (one big sin tolerance, or three little)

I think some maps with this parameter active should be auto-generated. How many - don't know.

No more buildings level shown to everyone:

If we have some reputation indicator, there is no need to show buildings levels in the cities to choose partners for a coalition. Aircraft recon missions should do that job - drones, spies mostly (to avoid war). And we shouldn't have that data so open for more interesting play, I guess.
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 10 times, last by Efreet: more precision ().

• ross222, you can edit in a single post with additional content. Efreet, I do not think additional badboy points will curb this behavior. There simply needs to be further limitation to joining multiple rounds and flags on inactivity with warnings then account suspension/deletion. Never has been tried due to the company not wanting to seem manipulative but, lack of basic control turns every standard round into mindless blobbery. Laissez faire < Admin Control.

The post was edited 1 time, last by mccarty.geoff ().

• @mccarty.geoff

You know, whole those 'badboy points' are here to propose a different tool to properly choose people to a coalition, to give us some info about their value, instead of watching on someone's infrastructure open - from the beginning till the end of scenario - to anyone. It simply strips this game out of some potential.

So I designed most of things here to only have buildings in provinces hidden (at least their levels). 8|
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 2 times, last by Efreet: more accurate ().

• I could instantly name a load of games that still have 30+ active players after 30 days. It simply depends on the map and the coalitions forming on the map.
      Literally half of the churn happens early on - after a player loses his first (often decisive) battle. If you've ever played a moba you know how frustrating it can be to play a losing game for 30 minutes.
      Now make that 30 days and you will find essentially no-one up to it - especially as the personal time invested in early game is low anyway. That's the main reason for player numbers diminishing quickly on maps.

Additionally we have some maps with new players joining (who often don't stay around for day 2 - as is normal in f2p games) and players bunny hopping from game to game until they find the right combination of country and first victory.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • @Germanico

Is there any chance to hide building levels, and leave that for spies, scouting? You know, I don't want to hide them completely like bunkers, coz It's good at the beginning to choose some competent or at least active ally, but later they sell our little secrets for free. : )
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 1 time, last by Efreet ().