[Concept] Extended Combat Log

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Concept] Extended Combat Log

We all could get detailed info about combat, to better understand the game concepts, and avoid confusion with some combat results and see what was wrong, not to mention about bug tracking. So, for example report like :

Day 25 21:06
      3rd Task Force (Finland): Fighting. 3rd Task Force (Finland)[K3]
      engaged in combat with 3rd Task Force (Sweden)[D4] at Parkano
      Details

Could have link to:

DetailsAttacker
      (Strike Fighter Squad)
      Defender
      (Mobile AA Veh)
      Damage typeAtk ArmoredDef Anti-air
      Base damage30 (5x6)24(5x4)
      Current HP factor85%100%
      Terrain factorN/A (Air)0% (City)
      Random factor0%5%
      Morale factorN/A92%
      EntrenchmentN/A25%
      Damage done2730

Don't know how system calculate this, what math formula is used, so It's not realistic data, only proposition how could it look. But I think that formula should be shown also, to allow user to check the result manually.
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

• If in the "war game", people don't understand a combat system well - It's a disadvantage in my opinion. By the way, not sure that sometimes calculations are simply bugged, and It has probably nothing to do with famous random factor. Watching how many bugs community tracked already - It's possible. But I got no pure data so... Only talking.
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 4 times, last by Efreet: grammar ().

• Dorado already expressed it won't give away formulas or anything that make possible to realise an accurate combat simulator, even if it's obviously possible through extensive research.

This said, i agree that some underlying mechanisms should be explained for people to understand the general scope of the game.

I was very surprised to learn that opposing missile HP vs missile defense value was perfectly wrong in terms of game behaviour.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • 'Dorado already expressed it won't give away formulas'

Too bad if it's still actual. After all they added random factor, so people couldn't just calculate the result before combat and be sure of anything, instead we fell that something is broken, or feeling like play Russian roulette, or worse - what is the most popular - we have "WTF is going on here" experience. 8o
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 4 times, last by Efreet ().

• On Supremacy they told us there was an X factor, and there was, but a fork is that ---> a fork. The strange results appeared because the system was just... broken, and outside the fork.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • @Opulon

Interesting. As a result I could think, that combat system is not clear for purpose - to cover some dirt in deep code abyss. : )
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky