Pinned East Asian Tech Tree (Japan/South Korea/ Taiwan/Singapore)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• East Asian Tech Tree (Japan/South Korea/ Taiwan/Singapore)

Just need a tier 1 and tier 3 Mobile Radar. I know South Korea has lots ofmobile Radar, but I have only the found the name for the tier 2 Radar. Need help, only two left!

I had some Gaps so used mostly American Equipment to plug the Holes: 27 out of 108 of units on the East Asian Tech Tree are foreign roughly: 25% Foreign Equipment
      Everything in Red (26) is American
      Green is British (1) M777 Towed Howitzer
      In a way though that's 25% Less work to do create the EA Skin.

Combat Recon Vehicle:
      1. Type 89 Infantry Fighting Vehicle
      2. Bionix II
      3. K21

Tank Destroyer
      1. CM-25 (CM-21 Armored Vehicle Tow Carrier variant)
      2. Type 16 Maneuver Combat Vehicle
      3. CM-32

MBT
      1. K1 88-Tank
      2. Type 10 Main Battle Tank
      3. K2 Black Panther

Amphibious Combat Vehicle
      1. LVTP-7
      2. Bronco ATTC
      3. Terrex AV-81

Towed Howitzer
      1. KM101A1
      2. KH178 (Upgraded KH178 artillery system offers more range - Indo14-Day3 ...)
      3. M777

Mechanized Howitzer
      1. Type 74 105 mm Self-propelled howitzer
      2. Type 99 155 mm Self-propelled Howitzer
      3. K9 Thunder

Rocket Artillery
      1. K136 Kooryong Multiple Launch Rocket System
      2. Chunmoo Multiple Launch Rocket System
      3. RT/LT-2000

Anti-Air (SPAAG)
      1. K263A1
      2. Type 87 Self-Propelled Anti-Aircraft Gun
      3. K30 Biho

SAM
      1. K-SAM Chunma
      2. Type 81 Tan -SAM
      3. Cheolmae-2 KM-SAM

Theater Air Defense
      1. Tien Kung II
      2. Type 03 Medium-Range Surface-to-Air Missile
      3. Tien Kung III

Mobile Radar
      1. ?
      2. TPS-830K (korearms.egloos.com/1174325)
      3. ?

Helicopter Gunship
      1. Fuji AH-1S Cobra (Japanese Built AH-1 Cobra)
      2. AH-1W Super Cobra
      3. Kawasaki OH-1

Attack Helicopter
      1. YAH-64A
      2. Fuji AH-64DJP (Japanese Built AH-64D)
      3. AH-64E Guardian

ASW Helicopter
      1. Mitsubishi HSS-2 (Japanese Built Sea King)
      2. Mitsubishi HSS-2B (Japanese Built upgraded Sea King)
      3. Mitsubishi SH-60J

Air Superiority Fighter
      1. Northrop F-5
      2. AIDC F-CK-1
      3. Mitsubishi F-2

Naval Air Superiority Fighter
      1. F-4J Phantom II (Japanese Air Superiority version of F-4)
      2. F-14A Tomcat
      3. F-14D Super Tomcat

Stealth Air Superiority Fighter
      1. Mitsubishi ATD-X

Strike Fighter
      1. Mitsubishi F-1
      2. FA-50
      3. F-15K Slam Eagle (Advanced South Korean Derivative of F-15E)

Naval Strike Fighter

1. F-4EJ (Japanese Multi-role version of F-4)
      2. F/A-18 Hornet
      3. F/A-18F Super Hornet

Stealth Strike Fighter
      1. KF-X

Naval Patrol Aircraft
      1. P-3 Orion
      2. Kawasaki UP-3C (Japanese Built, Upgrade P-3 Orion)
      3. Kawasaki P-1

AWACs
      1. EC-121 Warning Star
      2. E-767 (Boeing 767)
      3. Boeing 737 AEW&C

Naval AWACs
      1. E-2 Hawkeye

Heavy Bomber
      1. B-47
      2. B-52
      3. B-1

Stealth Bomber
      1. B-2

Corvette
      1. Pohang-class corvette
      2. Gumdoksuri-class
      3. Tuo Chiang class corvette

Frigate
      1. Chi Yang Class
      2. Formidable Class
      3. Daegu-class frigate

Destroyer
      1. Hatakaze-class
      2. Kongō-class
      3. Atago-class

Cruiser
      1. California class
      2. Virginia-class

3. Sejong the Great-class

Aircraft Carrier
      1. Kitty-Hawk Class
      2. Nimitz Class
      3. Gerald R. Ford Class

Attack Submarine
      1. Chang Bogo-class
      2. Sōryū-class
      3. Son Wonil-class

Ballistic Missile Submarine
      1. Benjamin Franklin
      2. Ohio
      3. Columbia

Cruise Missiles
      1. SSM-700K Hae Sung
      2. Hsiung Feng IIE
      3. Yun Feng

Ballistic Missiles
      1. Hyunmoo-1
      2. Hyunmoo-2
      3. Hyunmoo-3

ICBMs
      1. Minuteman III
      2. GBSD

The post was edited 14 times, last by Lord Aodhan ().

• Oceanhawk wrote:

Maybe make a thread and post it up? even just for fun, I may have some ideas. Doubt there be an issue with attack submarines. Missile submarines, there isnt really any Im afraid. Naval patrol, Japan have a few. But yea, will struggle a lot with the naval aircraft. Its fun doing them, just the carriers and gang, missile subs and bombers usually ruin the day
      Yeah, was forced to use American for the Missile Subs, Carriers, ICBMs and Naval fighters. Everything else is mostly East Asian designed, licence built or specially made equipment for the Military forces of East Asia by Western (US) Arms companies.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Aodhan ().

• Lord Aodhan wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Maybe make a thread and post it up? even just for fun, I may have some ideas. Doubt there be an issue with attack submarines. Missile submarines, there isnt really any Im afraid. Naval patrol, Japan have a few. But yea, will struggle a lot with the naval aircraft. Its fun doing them, just the carriers and gang, missile subs and bombers usually ruin the day
      Yeah, was forced to use American for the Missile Subs, Carriers, ICBMs and Naval fighters. Everything else is mostly East Asian designed, licence built or specially made equipment for the Military forces of East Asia by Western (US) Arms companies.
      And the Licence built stuff, can just have like a different camo. Like the way some of the Japanese F-2s often have the blue shark livery.

I think it will be better with the American added stuff, not used currently in the American tree. (Like the F-117 Is used in Euro tree and not American)
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Lord Aodhan wrote:

Strike Fighter
      1. F-4EJ (Japanese Multi-role version of F-4)
      2. FA-50
      3. F-15K Slam Eagle (Advanced South Korean Derivative of F-15E)
      Maybe add in the Japanese Mitsubishi F-1?

Otherwise, I cant think of anything else to add that is missing.
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

And the Licence built stuff, can just have like a different camo. Like the way some of the Japanese F-2s often have the blue shark livery.

I think it will be better with the American added stuff, not used currently in the American tree. (Like the F-117 Is used in Euro tree and not American)
      The F-2 and AIDC F-CK-1 both have pretty interesting aircraft skins. The F-CK-2 looks very similar to the F-16A. But the F-2 is a very modified F-16. Wider Wings and slightly bulkier fuselage. In many ways it was the first Generation 4+ Aircraft in Service.

I was surprised at when it came to Missiles. I didn't know South Korea had Ballistic Missiles or that Taiwan produced so many different types of SAM and Cruise Missiles. I wasn't expecting to find a cruiser either but I did. The Sejong the Great-class is classified as a Destroyer by South Korea but it's actually a Cruiser. I know Japan had a pretty diverse range of Aegis Destroyers. But wasn't expecting for South Korea to have the Big one.
    • Lord Aodhan wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

The F-2 and AIDC F-CK-1 both have pretty interesting aircraft skins. The F-CK-2 looks very similar to the F-16A. But the F-2 is a very modified F-16. Wider Wings and slightly bulkier fuselage. In many ways it was the first Generation 4+ Aircraft in Service.
      I was surprised at when it came to Missiles. I didn't know South Korea had Ballistic Missiles or that Taiwan produced so many different types of SAM and Cruise Missiles. I wasn't expecting to find a cruiser either but I did. The Sejong the Great-class is classified as a Destroyer by South Korea but it's actually a Cruiser. I know Japan had a pretty diverse range of Aegis Destroyers. But wasn't expecting for South Korea to have the Big one.
      Yea I get ya,

Id say they will all be called upon pretty soon. Hopefully some Type 45's can "try" join them too
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • There are only 2 countries in the world that make bombers, only 3 countries that really made cold war bombers. I know I keep saying that to yourself @BoeingJet

Why? Because every game you play you are fighting the same skins and doctrines and its really annoying. The attention to detail is important, and these nations well deserve their own doctrine.
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Really liked the list, and would love to see the doctrine ingame. A few suggestions I have tho;

- The T1 Carrier could be the Izumo Class Helicarrier (yes I know it's a helicarrier, but there was a proposal a while ago to convert it to be able to service F-35's)
      -for the T3 mobile radar the SAAB Arthur could be used, it's license produced in South Korea, it's technically a counterbattery radar but it's listed as a mobile radar system
      And the vehicles for infantry:
      -Motorised: T1 Isuzu Heavy Truck T2 Komatsu LAV (still looking for a T3, althought the good ol' Humvee could be used)
      -Mechanised: lots of options, personnaly prefer the Rotem KW1 Scorpion for it's distinctive look
      -Marines: Probably the US AAV7A1 RAM/RS as none of the SE Nations seems to locally produce AACs
      -Airborne: the KAI KUH-1 Surion is a S-korean license produced transport helicopter
      -Special Forces: KM426
      -National Gaurd: JGSDF Toyota High Mobility Vehicle