Increase in rank should have increase in privileges

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Increase in rank should have increase in privileges

As we increase in rank we should be able to gain more and more privileges and be able to do more. Like for example, A commissioned officer (second lieutenant) can create a 64 player map. A Brig. General can create a special map or vice versa. Maybe a General can gain a limited free trial of being on the security council. It makes absolutely no sense that a Corporal has just as much pull as a 5 star General.
    • Hi Scott, actually we do allow the creation of certain maps based on your rank, or eg. participation in Elite Alliance matches.
      This being said, most of the perks you mentioned are generally not free for a good reason - we need the players to support the game; unfortunately free time invested does not pay the servers.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Good point.
      I have seen the question asked on google how to create a 64 player map, but someone replied only the system generates it.

I am aware only 2 different maps can be created by players: Europe 1990 by a PFC and World Redeux map by a Tech Corporal. But with so many maps CON produces, do you think only 2 should be created by player?

Also, how about the idea of being rewarded with a little gold with each increase in rank?
    • Hi Scott,

the main reason we have to limit the maps is their size and player number.
      The large maps are auto-generated to prevent players from opening their own little world, everyone playing with a handful of friends.
      Most MMOs (and we are one) actually have maps on auto rotation and spawning - unlike classical RTS games where the playtime is much shorter.

If we are not offering a map this is for a reason, eg. the Middle East is just being overhauled. We use them for events and to create diversity.

Hope that explains it. Enjoy the game.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Speaking of diversity and map rotation, I feel we need to see more 4x (and possibly the wonderful 10X) servers. I understand that you run events and only so often, but the same 2-3 maps come up with 4x. I along with many others enjoy the faster game play and even with the 4x and higher servers, this would allow maps to rotate faster and take less time, which could potentially mean less load on the servers with all the constant 1x games. Even if you reduce the gold given for the faster game types to compensate for the faster game play. many of us would much rather enjoy a game that runs only 15-20 day than a game that takes 30-45+ days in real time.
    • We cannot run 10x without severely degrading gameplay for all other games. The system is not set up for it as we cluster servers and have maps migrating depending on load. We tried it and we failed. This being said we do want to bring it back due to its popularity and success, but being a small team we need to hedge our bets - and right now we are working on officers, new map updates and of course mobile compatibility.

This should also answer your question about maps - yes we are bringing more and altered maps and also are planning more 4x events. Actually we were planning to have a4x riverine this weekend but it failed technically, explaining the server hiccup experienced yesterday. It is coming though. Promise.
    • I get it but 4x shouldnt necessarily be an event. when looking at the new game page, I see 3 mid east crisis, 1 4x ww 2020, 5 reg speed ww 2020, only 1 EU 1990, 3-4 riverine and like 40 flashpoint EU maps. While you have a searchable list of like 23 maps (only list 1 special event) we only ever really see 1 4x map in rotation and that is the 4xww2020 map. it just sucks because so many of us are sick and tired of having to constantly the same map over and over again with nothing being different.

Oh and 1 last thing. There should be a limitation on how many times someone can join the exact same map type or event map. When new events go out I always see some of the top 20 people joining like 15 of the 20 maps that have been release in the first day or so. That is just my opinion.
    • i agreed with wacko buk shot until the last line i see this as first come first serve but commenting on his topic of new game map one day i saw there was 20 to thirty brand new flash point europe i just looked and you have a mix of 20 flash point europes starting from day 1 to day 4 while i know you guy really do work hard you do seam to promote a lot of one map and not of others
      • hello