Cruise Launcher Needs Love

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cruise Launcher Needs Love

Since ballistic missiles became the first missile research followed by cruise missiles, cruise missile launchers have taken a dive. I have not seen them in use in a long time as most player opt to get strike fighters,bombers or ships to fire cruise missiles. Now unlike ballistic and icbms, cruise launchers cannot stealth and they lose in the manuevoring all other units that can use it have. My suggestion is to allow airlifting for an active defense. The launchers can still be seen but air lifting them to a potential invaders or choke point can force them to think twice.
    • Germanico wrote:

Let’s wait wha happens with them now... after air sup fighters receiving a good buff. I would not bet my money any longer on all those fancy strike fighters...
      don't you need to be actively controlling air sup fighters in order to respond to air strikes? You can't really have them just patrol an airbase or an area where your troops are since the fighters will crash if the airbase is destroyed or conquered and your troops won't be in the same place if you are ordering them to move to capture key areas such as enemy homeland cities? Especially if you are not online when they attack you. Your asf wing could just be demolished when the strike wing bombs the airbase and makes it unusable.
    • No you don't need to be. UAV's are great bait for pulling in ASF's. I had one of the "Strike Fighters RAWR" players go after a UAV near his border. I set up two wings (3 ASF 2 Strike in each wing) to patrol near it. He attacked it from the '9' position while I was expecting it from the '12', i quickly repositioned them at the '9' so that his squadron (4 Strike Fighters) passed through the patrol circles, and went to bed. Next morning I wake up to the slightly damaged wings (both of them >10HP of damage) and 4 dead enemy strike fighters, UAV untouched.

With all the updates, my forces are way more balanced than before, and I enjoy that. I have had great success against players who try and choose singularity of units. I have stopped sub building and my navy consists of Corvettes, Frigates and Destroyers.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -

The post was edited 1 time, last by MallahanJr ().