Out of memory conditions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Out of memory conditions

In the last 4 to 6 weeks I have noticed that games that are 10 days or older are experiencing out of memory conditions on multiple platforms (steam and browsers...chrome and firefox...I don't use internet exploder). Do you guys do a peer review for code that has memory leaks? Anyone else experiencing this? For steam its a white screen and I have to close it down, for the browsers it gives me a "not enough memory to open this page". On occasion I also get a "double click" event when opening a game, i.e. 2 tabs will open with the same game in it.

Also, I can't click or do anything with the forum in the STEAM in game browser. I had to back out and open it in chrome.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • Hi @MallahanJr!

I've had a look at your games and I didn't come across any of the issues you mentioned, it would really help us understand what's happening if you can attach some screenshots of what you are experiencing. Did this start as of recently? Does it always happen or is it inconsistent? Could you send us a dxdiag @ [email protected] or give us a list of your specifications?

It sounds like the issue could be coming from the System that you are working on, but to rule out all possibilities it would help a lot if you can give further info. The Steam forum button issue is known.

Best,
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• wow, you guys must have some seriously underpowered pc's, im running a 2016 chromebook which are famous for being the best computer for gaming ever a glorified internet browser, and i can confortably run 3-4 games with youtube and the homework im supposed to be doing at once.
      I dream of cold lemonade and a day out on the beach, but my school dreams of cramming more math homework down my throat.
    • Yak wrote:

Hi @MallahanJr!

I've had a look at your games and I didn't come across any of the issues you mentioned, it would really help us understand what's happening if you can attach some screenshots of what you are experiencing. Did this start as of recently? Does it always happen or is it inconsistent? Could you send us a dxdiag @ [email protected] or give us a list of your specifications?

It sounds like the issue could be coming from the System that you are working on, but to rule out all possibilities it would help a lot if you can give further info. The Steam forum button issue is known.

Best,
      In Steam, it's a completely white screen. In chrome I get the following:
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yak: Image removed for security reasons, we'll refer to it none the less! ().

• Hello players.

This issue is happening on your end, it might be that your device has ran out of memory, or the programs memory pool has reached its limit.

There could be several solutions to fix this problem for the browsers, but at first, it would be the best to know how much memory (RAM) your device has.

So at first it might be nice to know if it is your system that has ran out of memory or not, when this happens i would recommend hitting the CTRL + ALT + DELETE buttons, and open the task manager. There should be a performance tab that looks like this -> gyazo.com/f3f54a2270c88b2345cfa5f8f637b1a7

If your memory is full, then it means that your device does not have enough memory to open the next following page. If not, then it might be something else. I will post a few solutions that have worked for my students that have had these problems themselves.

Now if it isn't a problem with amount of memory on your device, it is a common problem for the Chrome browsers. There should be few easy solutions to this problem.

1. Clearing your Cache.

This is frequently asked of us that players do this, sometimes it can solve the biggest mysteries of the browser world. To easily clear your cache on the Chrome browser, you hit the SHITF + CTRL + DELETE buttons. When you have done that, you will be able to choose what to delete, and since when -> gyazo.com/24db54b7ab1c5755be42271415771911

2. Disabling Extensions

Some of us use extensions, and those sometimes can make crazy things happen without any bigger reasons. But sometimes extensions can give us memory leaks, or stir something up in our browser. It is recommended that you disable all your extensions and try if it helps. Do to this, type "chrome://extensions" in the search bar. It will show you which extensions you have already installed, you can choose to enable or disable them -> gyazo.com/42493dc1e52eb1749add64db44c48dd0

3. Upgrading to 64-bit Chrome.

Some of us do not know that we have installed a 32-bit Chrome, but that can make a difference. For those of you who do not know, the 32-bit programs have a pool of 2GB RAM, while 64-bit programs have a pool of 4GB RAM for standard use. If you are using a 32-bit version of Chrome, this might come up more often, specially when CoN uses its share of RAM.

This can be done by re-installing your Chrome, downloading a 64-bit version and installing it over again.

If you do not know what bit-version you have of your chrome, you can simply type "chrome://chrome" in the search bar, then there should be a version with a lot of numbers, and the bit version -> gyazo.com/ee847587fb932f96b6da553acd749ba6

For the issue with Steam, it could really be that your device somehow is lacking memory, as the game on Steam is just a Client, without enough memory it will not be able to load the game.

I hope that one of these solutions will work!
      Have a nice following day
      - Luoniev

Conflict of nations - PL Team Leader, EN Senior Moderator
    • Thank you Luo

We're working with a new API for the game which will have an incredible effect on the efficiency of CoN, this might solve the issues you are having. I'm curious why this is happening for you, as you have 8gb in your specs which is more than enough for Chrome or Steam+CoN. It might be the case that a program you are running has a memory leak, or hidden processes could sucking up resources without your knowing. Luo suggested some great pointers which might help you determine what's going on.

Feel free to post any updates on the situation
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations