Issue : multiple revolts

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So I took the UK about 2 weeks ago. Glasgow just went Rogue, I've got most of my cities close to the brink of going Rogue. Every single city just seems to perpetually spiral towards the smoking stage where I'm about to lose it. What's more is that my provinces around that city aren't affected.

This means I can't move my troops out of cities I've already taken, and when you've got 91 cities this makes it very difficult to do anything in the game. All it does is steer me towards having to spend money on gold to boost the moral of the cities up. This ruins some of the enjoyment of the game because it's just impossible to do anything when you're worried about your cities going Rogue. This also never normally happens in games, even games where cities are very slow to gain moral, this is just ridiculous.
    • @willt kindly provide User Name and Game ID so we can check it out.

As Ross wrote - it should actually have sorted itself. I assume (but this is without looking at your case obviously) that you are waging a relentless style of "total war".
      What I mean by that is killing civilians left and right (eg. by using artillery to annihilate cities or WMD usage etc). This in turn will lead your population to drop in morale... Possibly explaining why you are seeing this.
      Another possibility is enemy agent activity reducing your morale in cities. You need to be aware that agents can be placed in cities and used to constantly lower morale, day by day.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Here is my guess, morale management is not in some players vocabulary. I like to wait for someone to take the area around Indonesia now, so that I just kill one player rather than take the hit on global morale because I acquired 5 to 6 island countries. I also see a lot of 'Tasmanian devils", super stack that rolls like a tornado to every city but leaves large chunks of untouched surrounding provinces. They forget about that 'neighboring province' morale modifier, but their goal is to prevent the enemy from making more units and beat anyone else to the city since it gives the most VP. Then there are the "I am going roll with what I have from Day 1", but never let their country's average morale raise before embarking on the military conquest campaign (I like those players because I take a one country morale hit instead of 2 or 3). Mechanized Infantry is my attacking unit infantry and Motorized Infantry is my defensive infantry that follows the attacking wave to secure the cities before advancing. People just need to slow down and be patient, and not to expect the game to be over in 15 days.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • I find the global balance about morale fine. Maybe the "curve" could be "more compassionate" around 30% morale (22% revolt chance without garrison) because 30% morale will be your target morale if you have cleaned the surrounding areas (and the city is not 4 days of traval from capital), while the "neighbour" modifier will make the morale hit 27-28%, but it's a small detail.

However, i still think that more building in cities should provide a "micro morale boost", to help fight the long term decay due to unavoidable 1500 simultaneous wars in late :D. Especially the arms industry. a +1/+2/+5/+7/+10 :/
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • i use doom stacks my self to grab the majors cites where they produce from but for it isnt points there its so they cant produce reinfprments , but i also leave enough infantry to pick up the territories but i leave about 2 infantry in the cities , then proceed to split my doom stacks in half , i also found not getting greedy and splitting with coalition members also help with this
      • hello
    • I agree with Opulon that Arms Industries should give a micro morale boost, because my strategy is for occupied cities I kick off and queue up Army Base, Recruitment Center, Arms Industry. The first 2 for the morale boost and the Arms Industry for me to get something out of capturing that city...but doesn't break even/payoff for 10 days. What would be preferred for me would be able to do Army Base, Recruitment Center, Underground Bunker but that slows the advance way too much.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -