A really bad idea, but hear me out...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Well, let me get this straight. The Iowa-class battleship was the only battleship active, and only in the western doctrine. So let's come up with this, The third tier of the battleship will be the Montana-class, even though they aren't existent in reality. And the first tier would be the South Dakota class battleships.

The european doctrine is kind of confusing, but I suppose the first tier will be the battleship Richelieu class. The second tier will be the King George V, and the final tier is the Vanguard-class battleship.

Now the eastern doctrine is really confusing, because not much was learned. But the final tier would have to be the K-1000. The second tier will be the Sovetsky Soyuz class, and the first tier is the Arkhangelsk.

I am not really much of a good battleship person, but battleships are suppose to shoot at long range like a circle twice as large as the destroyer's circle.

You know what? I don't care if I post this. A battleship is very excessive, rarely any navy has one. Even when it is modernized, a cruiser will have to take the battleship's place.
    • Looked at the time stamp 2 year old debate. :thumbsup: to you for looking this far haha.

Now with the Elite Units adding new dynamics to the game. A Battleship can be an elite if they are implemented. Even now their are *prototypes* of naval class railguns likely more for cruisers but still the battleships were brought back to the table with them on the drawing board in real life (doubt it will happen)

but if we are doing tiers i would do indeed Iowa class for tier one as that is what is the case for beginning of cold war then developed with missile capacities before they were taken away so tier 2 then give them railguns for tier 3

However the elite has to have something special that makes it different from Cruisers. In this case they are fleet command centers and Fire Mission Supoort for ground units. So give them 100 range at tier 1 to out range tier 1 cruisers and then naval attack increase for tier 2 with missiles. then Tier 3 would be anti missile increase and basically a railgun at sea. With crap for sub defense and slower than other ships.

As for the Doctrines, East West European. Probably refitted top of the line Cold war Variants.

ANd i agree Cruisers have replaced the battleship. To much resources on one asset, it's the debate on Super Carriers vs Strike Carriers. But Since the Railgun is implemented maybee an elite variant could be seen. Not uncommon for nations to build a specialized anything (think landing crafts of normandy, or Red Cross Medical Ship, so i wouldn't be surprised if United States Built one For the Role of Fire Support or morale)