How do you UnF*(IK Low Global Popularity?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do you UnF*(IK Low Global Popularity?

I didn't want to necro a thread Opulon commented on "morale" and populism, but he explained that everyone starts with 50% global popularity and depending on what everyone thinks of you, your "Global Popularity" is adjusted accordingly.

Will setting my relationship to "Peace" with my defeated foes, help or hinder me?

AI sets it relationship with me to "Trade Embargo", does it benefit me to do the same back...and if I have a wild hair up my ass does it help me by putting trade embargo's on people across the globe that are expanding too fast for my liking?

Are defeated countries counted in the Global Popularity calculation?

I ask this because 2 countries that I attacked didn't clean up their mess, or didn't fully conquer those they were at war with and my OCD kicks in that I needed to just assimilate those 2 provinces from 2 seperate countries. So instead of the Global Popularity down a bit, it went down twice as much because I don't like leaving open provinces next to mine, or within mine...especially if they are near a border. I need something more concrete than just sitting there waiting for my Average Morale to go up, and thus my Global Popularity.
      "For what shall it profit a man, if he gain the whole world, and suffer the loss of his soul?" -
    • Well... Actually...

If causing to much population "damage" by means of eg. WMDs or artillery etc. your own population will not be happy. After all nobody in the 21st century likes atrocities and civilian casualties.

In return your nation's population suffers negative morale - as can be seen by clicking on the little "i" button in the province bar after selecting a city.

Negative morale means your cities will take longer to construct and mobilize, produce less resources and eventually even rebel.

If rebelling the first to usually do so are the cities already unhappy with the situation, such as one occupied or annexed towns taken over from the enemy.

Rebellion will happen in the form of insurgents taking over the city, forcing you to clamp down on them and retake the lost settlement.

In order to prevent crimes against humanity try not to flatten enemy towns, eg. rather sending in infantry than strike fighters or ballistic missiles.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf