Weekend-OFF maps.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Weekend-OFF maps.

I have a problem with playing at weekends (family, house chores, trips etc.) and sometimes I stop playing on a given map because of that (these 2-3 days are dominated by players who are pushing heavily on the weekends, building their advantage on the absence of some other players). I think that a lot of us have such a problem (at least an adult group).

I have such a crazy idea ... :/

Could you consider a new kind of 64-person, standard map, which will be 'frozen' from Saturday to Sunday? :)

The post was edited 4 times, last by Alhanan ().

• This would be probably hard, as it depends how many users would be willing to join such games. It is not really hard to find 10 - 20 minutes a day, even during weekend, to just get on and check the map really quickly. This game is already designed in such a way so what we all can play even during our harsh workdays.

I do understand players has this problems, but i am unsure if this provides such a big problem for this game. I am myself right now moving, harsh schedule but i still find time to at least enter a game once a day.

If this problem comes trough i believe it would have to be done on a smaller map, i doubt 64 player would consider playing at such map, and if you do not just want to play on one map with such addition as time-freeze during the weekends.

I would recommend just playing on one map, where you should be able to find 10 - 20 minutes to handle all the units and production for the map. I hope you can do that! As i really doubt this idea will come trough :P

Of course this is only my opinion :)
      Have a nice following day
      - Luoniev

Conflict of nations - PL Team Leader, EN Senior Moderator
    • 10-20 minutes a day can be enough in the initial phase of the game, not later, if you treat the game seriously.

And if you are outdoor, what I wish for you all sometimes :) especially without a mobile version, it is sometimes hard to find the time to play...

Not that I complain because the game is great, it just annoys me a little bit that these two days of absence can destroy what I've built up over the past weeks.
    • I remember that this was an idea, summoned at some point, for "night truce".

Maybe this could be tested and experimented with.

I think, however, a mobile version in future will be the best for everyone
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • I would not want to bury this thread if possible.

Decision about choosing the time from which the servers will pause, it seems to me a contractual issue, and should be decided by statistics - in what time zone most players are playing (and even for selected language groups it can be fixed - Polish servers should have a Polish timezone after all). This is a detail and I think that because of a few hours nobody will be shouting here having regard to the benefits of this solution.

Is there any chance to test such a solution - a few test 64/redux maps?
    • It does not really matter in which time-zone the servers are in, it just changes at which time the day change is happening in. It does not affect anything else.

What Germanico meant was that there are PL players for example outside Poland. If you set a pause for the game during night in Poland, polish players in America would have the game paused for the during their day.

Me myself play on PL servers while i live in Finland, i am +1 hour ahead, and it does not affect anything, so far it is 1 or 2 hours diffirence.

Plus polish servers are in the polish time-zone, as they are on the same time-zone as Malta.
      Have a nice following day
      - Luoniev

Conflict of nations - PL Team Leader, EN Senior Moderator