I feel like Conflict of Nations is too lonely

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I feel like Conflict of Nations is too lonely

I love this game and it has so much content, but it feels lonely when the wikia has just 22 pages or when half of the people in any game become inactive on Day 3 since they are all people who are testing out the game and are clueless on how to play or had no idea that this game was in real time. I personally found out about this game when I was introduced to Call of War by one of my friends who was actually patient and described to me how to effectively play. Is Conflict of Nations planning to do a partnership with something else soon? Maybe some random gaming magazine or ads in YouTube would get this game to be more well-known.
    • We are on diffirent platforms and game websites where we are being recognized in. We have steam and browser possibilities for users to play the games. Also we can be found on many online game websites. But ofcourse the best weapon of growing is friend recommendations :).

Well ofcourse there are many games as you tell, but we are providing games where you pay for example 500 gold to enter, meaning players that enter will preferably stay online and active through the game.

CoN is still a new game, and there will be a lot of people coming and testing during these fresh years of our game :)
      Have a nice following day
      - Luoniev

Conflict of nations - PL Team Leader, EN Senior Moderator
    • @Your Local Noob

We currently are gaining loads of new players and have a plethora of partnerships. Our player base is steadily growing - increasingly so in the last months.

This being said there is a lesser known issue with pf2p rampup: lack of committal

What do I mean by that? Well, as we advertise and grow with partners, thousands of new players come in and join the game - a day! Of these, only a minority stick around longer than one or two sessions. There is simply no dedication due to the game being free and easy to access.

In turn this often leads to tutorial maps being half empty after a few days - and there is nothing we can do against this besides offer active players to move on and organise, eg. In Alliances and play on the world map.

An additional, very understandable factor is the human frustration threshold. Say you are joining a full map after a few days some nations will have lost decisive battles and players wl have left. This is absolutely normal and explicable - who besides the Germans would ever fight a losing war for 3 long years? In league of legends players often rage quit after half an hour...

This being said I've played public games where after 30 days we still had over 40 active players. Not average but absolutely possible.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • in the end it's the mix that does it. And your fellow players. I do like the idea of having some "high level" games marked as such and limited by a min-level entry barrier. Let's try it out - will talk to the team about it on Monday.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • I've been thinking about that for some time too, and more permanent maps would be a great way for rank-specific games. For example we have America Homefront and Pacific Conquest and whatnot for COW. Of course, I have no clue as to how hard it is to make these maps, but I wanted to put the idea out.

Also, why don't borders between provinces follow real-life borders? I find it unusual that conquering Boston (which is for some reason a suburb nowhere near actual Boston) would take just half of Massachusetts and Connecticut. This would be great especially with the new maps with rivers.

Finally, is anyone else getting suburbs with 3 victory points instead of 1?
    • For one we don't want to create maps where players play something that doesn't exist like eg. Texas as a nation, unless we have a game mode that supports it (eg. US 2nd civil war).

We try to keep national borders more or less realistic but we don't care for the local province borders, unless eg. we turn them to national ones (see above). There are several reasons for this - amongst others the reasearch time we need to invest and map, as well as game balancing.

About the suburbs - we got suburbs level 1,2,3 but usually don't use the others ... where did you find it, which map?
    • For the suburbs with a higher victory point value, this happened randomly on the World War III map. I already sent a bug report about this, but I will summarize anyway. Fighting happened in one of my suburbs and now the population is stuck at 2.8 instead of 1.0. Another suburb, Boston (which is actually located nowhere near the real Boston), is stuck at 3.0. Not sure why. All other suburbs are at 1.0.

Also what are these suburbs level 1, 2, and 3?
    • Suburbs 2 and 3 are a design tool we have to increase population in subs. they will not grow and we generally use only pop 1 for them. So that probably is a bug or leftover.

I took your remarks about the states and added them to our task list for processing.

Thanks for the assisst!

//G
    • Qute: "who besides the Germans would ever fight a losing war for 3 long years? I" lol! :D :thumbsup: @Germanico

I think this Game is more than strategy, politics and war. You can have much "Fun with Flags", Geography and conditioning RealLife-Soldiers and -Officers for getting in touch with technics. All these issues can be used for marketing, too.

Greetings? 8o Grüße!
      best regards :love: MfG

GorianRay
      Céleste, TriXenonS, CyberSouls
    • Like already said.
      TOR. any VPN.
      Though this brings up other issues again i will not get into right now...
      :rolleyes:

on another note, if youre interested in games with dedicated players, get in touch with some active alliance. Some allys are always looking for active players. And in challenge matches no one gets inactive, except for serious real life reasons...

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

- Alexander the Great -
    • @a simple fact:

As stated previously Flashpoint maps are populated by new player of which some don't stay, adding to the player churn.
      On top of that if the game is nearly over, so of course players leave. What are you expecting? Everyone logging in to see their country defeated?

I advise you to play alliance matches or world games - they are populated permanently.