Possible scientific advancment weapon

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Possible scientific advancment weapon

I would like to see Missile silos with ICBMS in the home territory to built. Just like in the real world, those countries who take the time to advance weaponology and research end up with these WMDs. While the country can place launchers in strategic places, including subs, it is not realistic to not have these. IMO it would be the maximum threat to be able to launch multiple missiles at the same time and target a countries major cities.

On the defensive side, countries can research missile shields to "hopefully stop" as many ICBs as possible.

Thoughts?
      Respectfully,

Doc J. Lang
      Ne Desit Virtus
    • Indeed it would be cool to have a "auto retaliate" pre-programmable targeting setup with cool looking missile silos. We did have this on the design doc once, but dropped it due to complexity reasons.

This being said, Nuclear Missile Silos in reality are the worst solution from a deterrence perspective. Albeit trying very hard for a long time, the US failed at creating what the Soviets had achieved much earlier - a movable launch platform for their ICBMs.
      NORAD's worst nightmare was a first strike at precisely these silos - hence the importance of the BM Subs as a short/medium range deterrent.
      In our game we simply assume the best technology for ICBMs is available - and from a military perspective that must be a moving, stealthy launcher... Not a stationary silo prone to first strikes.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • The technical problem is that "buildings with active effect" (like shooting, or anti-air bubbles) are just not possible technically. Hence, it's why we don't have all the array of static anti-air, coastal batteries, static radars, and etc.

In my opinion, static radar would be the most dope :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Thank you gentleman. Germanico, I did not consider the real life failures of deterrence. Having said that, why would they need to be set on auto? I think it would be really cool just to nuke all major cities of say Iran at once. As far as protection against the ICBMs, Ive noticed SAM battery's constantly knock out missiles.

Cheers.
      Respectfully,

Doc J. Lang
      Ne Desit Virtus