Map Creation Gripe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Map Creation Gripe

I got "Security Council" just so I can create a map. I wasted only 6 EURO, but that is beside the point.

I then tried to find a way to create a map, I searched on forums and I found this

"Game creation is disabled for everyone except for standard alliance challenges. If you would like to apply for an Internal Challenge or Elite Challenge you will need to speak to a support member within the community. "

I also read the reasoning behind it. Paraphrasing. "Too many maps, not enough players in the existing maps as they would water down."

However, I would point out that Call Of War is exactly the same type of a multiplayer game, just set in World War II and it seems that there they have no problem with this. I found it a great perk to be able to create my own map and play it and many people joined it.

I also suspect that behind this decision is the fact that if more players are on one map, more likely they will want to buy gold in order to win. Human nature and all. People invest time and would not want to lose that time when somebody starts using too much gold to win, so it causes a chain reaction of purchasing of gold and the whole appeal is lost but of course, creators make a bundle.

99% of games are about pay to win lately and they are nothing more but scams.

Anyway, this is my gripe. I also think that people will start leaving slowly but surely this Conflict of Nations because inability of creating maps.

I will not let my 31 days go to waste, but after that, I am out of this scam game.
    • Hi Wellington,

actually our player rate has immensely increased - in no small part due to the fact that our games are now much more active with players.
      We are an MMO - that isn't just multi-player (like HOI or others) but double "M" - as in Massively. This means our goal and aim is to have as many people playing with and against other players.
      Call of War is handled by our sister company Bytro - and as sisters go, we don't always do things the same way.

In regards to investment and gold payment: People pay because they are having fun. Now the definition of fun may vary from person to person - but when playing alone or with only a handful of chaps on a map made for 10 times that, many players looking for multiplayer experiences fail to see the fun.

If you want to play "gold free" and even create maps, then simply join an Alliance. Alliances can create challenge maps against other alliances (presently a 32 player map and more coming soon) - as well as play gold free challenges (no gold available) at level 25.
      Hope that convinces you.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • On the topic of maps . Any chance of posting the maps available for both Normal and Elite challenges ( 22 player river Elite ) (32 player river elite ). or is only 1 up at this time ?
      and what about requested training maps ? just would be very helpful to know. Thanks CON :thumbsup:
      "There are only two types of aircraft — fighters and targets."
      — Doyle 'Wahoo' Nicholson, USMC.