Combat Damage log

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I think what OwiHH is saying is that the combat log we have right now has EVERYTHING in it. When one is deep in war, it is cluttered with messages such as unit mobilization, territory invasion notices, and notices of fighting among units. Some suggestions relating to this:
      1. It would be helpful to filter out messages such as friendly unit lost notices, which are usually the most important notices.
      2. A new notification: at the end of each fight (aka one of the units completely die off or retreat adn the other can freely move), the total amount of damage sustained is recorded. Note that this is different from the friendly unit lost notification we already have.
      3. When intel is gathered about a specific region (for example when a plane flies over an enemy city on the way to refuel or an infantry comes close enough to a city to determine what units are there), it should be recorded down. This should use the same mechanics as intelligence agents use when they find a unit in the city they are in.
    • Nope i want a detailed report damage log.

Example:

1:15 - Infantry A is attacking Infantry B for 3 damage loosing 3.8 damage
      2:15 - Infantry A is attacking Infantry B for 3 damage loosing 3.8 damage
      2:30 - Attackplane A is attacking Infantry A for 5 damage loosing 0.5 damage
      3:15 - Infantry A is attacking Infantry B for 2 damage and taking 2 damage and gets killed from Infantry B while defending

Stuff like that :D

Sometimes you log in and Wonder why you lost or won a fight.
    • Like from me, and good luck with pushing this concept.
      Personally I prefer something more nerd-style, available when player click "details>>" in standard report log. Info could show in a separate window.

Battle Id : 16098AttackerDefender
      Terrain+25%-25%
      Entrenchment0+25%
      Province morale(?)100%100%
      Random factor15%5%
      Factors I don't even realize00
      Base damage1012
      True damage1312

I think I don't need to mention how useful could it be in bug tracking.
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 4 times, last by Efreet: more readability ().