Math behind combat question

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Math behind combat question

Please forgive me for not knowing the proper terminology. Im not a math, or computer science guy.

But, I would be very interested in knowing the algorithm(s) used for the differential, and analytic as it pertains to combat. And the interaction within the unit modifier.

Reason being, I have noticed peculiar behavior on a pretty consistent basis in combat situations where units almost seem diametrically opposed. Division balancing as well seems a bit anemic. And the terrain mod seems to be non existence.

I can not give specific examples but have come to realize that the use of specific units combined in a Division will defeat most if not all opposing Divisions of proportionate size with very few exceptions. As well as what seems to be certain units ineptness regardless of stats.

So I know that its a long shot that such information will be shared due to the potential for abuse I presume. But even an example of the basic math used in any given scenario would be nice.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and hopefully respond to this message

H-
      Those who would sacrifice their liberty for security deserve neither.

I am not a maker of hats but a harbinger of doom
    • Sorry, but we cannot not provide anyone with our algorithms and formulas - this stuff must remain confidential. This being said we do have some knowledge here in the forum as well as the wiki.

Concerning the issues raised:
      Without specifics I am not sure that we will be able to help you out. Factually we are playing our own game a lot and have many frequent players in our community ranks - and none have reported these problems.
      In regards to terrain, you can rest assured that it matters quite a bit - e.g. simply try driving some tanks into a defended city. Now obviously it all depends on stack composition, the unit levels and other factors such as supporting fire. And yes, we do have some spread in combat - meaning that there definitely is randomness involved. We've recently overhauled it and have seen much more favorable results - so if you come across issues kindly do screenshots and report them in more detail so we can analyse them. Best with Game ID and User ID - so we can check the running match.

Hope that helps,

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf