OFFICER FEATURE UPDATE (181018)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Definitely valid points you raise Seele. The team is now starting to collect these ideas and concepts and we will address them in the coming updates - so please report any further ideas and findings.

In the meantime: Please find below the link to the Officer Tech Showroom - where you can see which tech we used.

Before you go all in on the RU / China units - we are currently at the very beginning to scout a 4th doctrine... guess which? hehe. So there may be changes here anyway down the road. Just saying ;)

https://forum.conflictnations.com/index.php?thread/6615-officer-technology-showroom/
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • The eastern doctrin tier 2 officer tank is not a T 90. Thats a chinese tank typ 90. Looks like a Leopard 2. The T-90 has a more circular turret.

For tier 3 western doctrin I would prefer a K 2 Black Panther (South Korea) and the Merkava is better for tier 2. The Stingray is a unknown tank for me it is for waste :D .

The tanks european doctrin are nice, but the colour is too blue like the recon vehicle. I would have this tank more coloured like the MBT. By the other doctrins the officer tanks have the MBT colour, why not by the european?

Tank ace level 6 air atack is more science fiction than reality. Anti missle capabilities (only defense) may be 5 or 6 are more reality.
    „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)

The post was edited 11 times, last by Seele07 ().

• Concerning the air assault: please remember this is a "one size fits all" armor officer. So he could and should be able to infiltrate - as other units can do so too (or we would need a AFV officer and a TD officer and a XYZ officer... and what not). Don't think that would be beneficial nor accepted by the players.
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • My first impressions.
    While I like this whole idea with heroes, ( and a few recent updates (subs, mobile radar requirements - awesome :thumbup: ) ), I also feel I've lost a concept how to defend in this game. It now seem to favor ultra aggressive style. Some high level commanders adds up to 75% attack boost, and 30% speed for example, which tells me - amass mechanized infantry then add commander, find ultra aggressive friend and do what you want with your enemy (and try to go back before a sunrise), which won't have two or three commanders to defend on every front (not even sure if he will have time to react). Of coz, it depends on player's skills, but surviving under fire of two competent foes was possible before, at least for some time, now I'm not so sure. :P

To be constructive, I feel game really needs mine fields now ( which can slow ground forces ), and cut costs of bunkers for about 50%(?), to give a chance to stacks without commander. So people should fortify some part of a county and leave less forces there, while play aggressively elsewhere, instead of just spreading chaos everywhere (hoping that no one come to them). :)
    Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
    - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 1 time, last by Efreet ().

• @'Efreet The Elite Infantry has more defense than attack. This officer you must have in cities to defend other officers like the tank ace.

My suggestion: The air ace must also have more defense than attack against aircrafts. Also the air ace tier 2 and 3 must be faster, they have only 12.00 speed and have a F-16
    „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
  • Hey guys - thanks for the constructive feedback.

Indeed Efreet, I really am pondering some form of "minefield" however we make them happen. This being said it's not so much about the fact that some end level 7 officer has a big bonus - that I actually think is good for the game to bring stalemates to a conclusion, it's rather an issue with being able to defend in early/mid against quick incursions. But again: I agree - some form of mines would help.

@Seele07 I like the idea you propose about making Fighters "noticeably" faster -added to the change log for them.
  • Oh I forgot an other thing about fighters.
    All air aces tier 1 have a naval strike fighter, but they can t start at a carrier.
    Can you switch the research level 2 and 5 ? or 3 and 5 ?

Fights the assault leader also the 1. round as helicopter like the airborne inf.?

The helicopter officer level 1-4 have no power( in numbers = 0) against surface vessels. This officer is against ships weaker than a gunship helicopter level 1 (=2) :D
    give him 3 or 4. The normal attack helicopter level 1 has 3 against ships.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Seele07 ().

• Seele07 wrote:

Oh I forgot an other thing about fighters.
    All air aces tier 1 have a naval strike fighter, but they can t start at a carrier.
    Can you switch the research level 2 and 5 ? or 3 and 5 ?

Fights the assault leader also the 1. round as helicopter like the airborne inf.?

The helicopter officer level 1-4 have no power( in numbers = 0) against surface vessels. This officer is against ships weaker than a gunship helicopter level 1 (=2)
    give him 3 or 4. The normal attack helicopter level 1 has 3 against ships.
    Sorry, I have some things for you :whistling:
  • @ross222 the issue with 4x logically is that the perception of decisive events such as major battles and, ultimately, defeat also comes 4x as fast.
    Often players leave a map because they lost their first real battle. They're frustrated (understandably) and being early (especially in 4x) means there isn't any significant time invested yet either.
    This is psychologically absolutely understood and there really isn't much we can do against it, except bolster defenses to the point where offensive play is stifled and everything grinds to a stalemate.
    Also not cool. So yeah - you are right, but at the same time it is part and parcel of the Fast Games mode.

//G
  • The helicopter officer european doctrin level 1 needs the ASW helicopter as requirement. Thats unfair, in the beinning of a game nobody research an ASW helicopter. Thats a unit for mid and late game.
    The western and the eastern doctrin only must research the gunship helicopter.

With the tank ace level 1 I can fly from Washington to Berlin. Nonstop. But with the Elite inf. level 2 I cant fly from New York to Berlin??? Wich unit has the wrong ability?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Seele07 ().