Games disappearing from my game list?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Games disappearing from my game list?

Hey all,

Last night I joined a x4 world game as Russia. I intended to try out the new officers which were added in. I did what needed to be done and got off my computer. The next day (which was a few minutes ago from me writing this) I got back on my computer only to find that the game has disappeared from my game list. It wasn't in my archive, either.

This has happened to me before, in fact. About 1-2 weeks ago I joined a game as South Africa with a friend and we created a coalition together. I got off my computer and the next day, the game was gone from my game list. I learned from my friend that South Africa was owned by a completely different player at that point. I assume that my most recent game that I joined as Russia got replaced with someone else, too.

I don't have any images to show anything, since I can't even find the games, but I was wondering what could cause this. Usually, when I sign off for the day I just let the computer go to sleep and get back on the next day without having to power on or off. When I got on Google Chrome today it still showed me in the Russia game, albeit the screen was frozen. When I refreshed the page it took me to the main menu.

Can someone tell me if this is a bug or if it's intentional? I never got any messages saying that I was removed from the game or that I did anything wrong so I don't think I was banned from the game or anything.

Can someone help me with this?
      Thanks
    • Sounds very strange indeed.

Did you per chance only "secure" the nation without actually moving any units?
      Always move units or the system will think you "churned" the map (we have players who simply peek into a game).
      In these cases of no "first" action our system will reset the player slot and offer it to someone else.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

Sounds very strange indeed.

Did you per chance only "secure" the nation without actually moving any units?
      Always move units or the system will think you "churned" the map (we have players who simply peek into a game).
      In these cases of no "first" action our system will reset the player slot and offer it to someone else.
      This would be a good explanation, but in both games I was moving units, making army bases and arms industries, researching, creating coalitions, messaging other players, and I was researching the infantry officer in the Russia game as well, so I don't think this is the case. Unless the system made a mistake, in which case it could but since I was making a lot of actions I don't think it's very likely.

If possible, I'd imagine that going back through the game history and when and how I got removed from the game would be useful information. Unfortunately I've forgotten the game ID at this point.

I still think that the issue may be related to me not closing out of the game or closing out of Google Chrome before letting my computer sleep for several hours, though.