Pinned Understanding the END GAME BUTTON

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Understanding the END GAME BUTTON

Many of you have come back to us asking how exactly the END GAME Button works, which tends to pop up in matches - usually when everything is winding down and only a handful of players are left active on the map.

Here is an explanation for you:

• The END GAME button appears if the amount of players falls below the number usually needed to get ranked. The game remains ranked of course; it’s just an indicator that the map population is low enough to justify ending the match.
      • Pressing the button will propose the ending of this game to all other remaining active players (note that the diplomacy screen shows all players as active - independently from their actual status).
      • Any remaining active player on the map has to consent, or the game will continue.
      • Once all remaining players have agreed to end the match, the game will end and the players will be rewarded with an amount of CON Gold equal to their Victory Points at the moment of the game ending.
      Hope this helps.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • And the Top one is the Winner for the statistic score? How about coalitions? Do they get a coalition victory?

What about the following situation:

Player A and B are in a coaltion. Player C plays solo.

Victory Points:
      PLayer A : 500
      PLayer B: 400
      PLayer C: 700

Does player C win or does the coaltion of A and B win?
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

And the Top one is the Winner for the statistic score? How about coalitions? Do they get a coalition victory?

What about the following situation:

Player A and B are in a coaltion. Player C plays solo.

Victory Points:
      PLayer A : 500
      PLayer B: 400
      PLayer C: 700

Does player C win or does the coaltion of A and B win?
      A definitly gets the win as coalition win for the stats; not sure about B
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • I know for sure that B does not get credited with a coalition win in their individual statistics, as this happened to me multiple times before I figured it out. If B reenters the game, they'll get a message that says that they "won", and they will be awarded gold equal to their score, but they won't be credited with a "caolition win" in their individual stats. I'm not sure what happens with Players A and C.
    • sundance175 wrote:

In fact as long as you survive the game as an active player you should get a "win" for your record.
      Participation trophies anyone?
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • This is how it SHOULD [PERSPECTIVE 001] work:

example players
      player 1 - 800 VP - no coalition
      player 2 - 500 VP - coalition A
      player 3 - 400 VP - coalition A
      player 4 - 500 VP - coalition B
      player 5 - 100 VP - coalition B

Players all vote to end game

Result = all players get gold=to their VP, AND player 1 gets the win because 800 VP is 53.3% of the way to a 1500 VP single player victory, and coalition A, 900 VP is only 48.7% of the way to a 1845 VP 2 person coalition win.

HOWEVER if it were:

example players
      player 2 - 600 VP - coalition A

and Players all vote to end game

Then the result should be = all players get gold=to their VP, AND coalition A (both player 2 & 3) gets the win because 1000 VP is 54.2% of the way to a 1845 VP 2 person coalition win, and player 1, 800 VP is only 53.3% of the way to a 1500 VP single player victory.

A vote to end the game shouldn't allow coalitions the advantage of more points to get a win if they are further from their VP goal percentage wise.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dealer of Death: critical info omitted ().

• This is how it SHOULD [PERSPECTIVE 002] work:

example players
      player 2 - 500 VP - coalition A

Players all vote to end game

Result = all players get gold=to their VP, AND player 1 gets the win because 800 VP is 700 VP points away from a 1500 VP single player victory, and coalition A, with 900 VP is 945 VP points away from a 1845 VP 2 person coalition win.

AND EVEN if it were:

example players

Result = all players get gold=to their VP, AND player 1 gets the win because 800 VP is 700 VP points away from a 1500 VP single player victory, and coalition A, with 900 VP is 845 VP points away from a 1845 VP 2 person coalition win.

HOWEVER if it were:

example players
      player 3 - 550 VP - coalition A

Then the Result = all players get gold=to their VP, AND Coalition A (both Player 2 & 3) get the win because 1150 VP is only 695 points away from a 1845 VP 2 player coalition victory and Player 1 800 VP is 700 VP points away from a single person victory.

As with PERSPECTIVE 001, a vote to end the game shouldn't allow coalitions the advantage of more points to get a win if they are further from their VP goal total points wise.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• sounds more like a way to cheat than a way to win. this is my first game and i am already seeing this button. i don't plan on ending the game so there is now a possibility the other players can form a coalition and beat me out of the points and the win? haha is this a real scenario? seems after a year of this thread being open, they woulds fixed this cheat.

my game has been running for 11 days and i have 288 vp with 21 cities. the closest to me right now is someone with 150 vp and 14 cities

what i also don't understand is i just started this game 11 days ago and it's so brand new and already asking me to quit the game. that to me is ridiculous. if people don't want to play their games then they shouldn't have started one. if it was near the end, and we pretty much already know the outcome i can see having this feature but after 11 days in? putting a time frame of 30 days before the option is enabled also limits the cheating to end a game prematurely.

personally i like 1vs1 games better. when i began this first game, i tried to research everything about it. i felt joining groups is a form of cheating but i know realistically in the real world it doesn't work that way. but this is a game of strategy. where's the strategy in joining a big group for an easy win? isn't this how they play little league now? the losers always get a trophy haha.
    • dfrost wrote:

sounds more like a way to cheat than a way to win. this is my first game and i am already seeing this button. i don't plan on ending the game so there is now a possibility the other players can form a coalition and beat me out of the points and the win? haha is this a real scenario? seems after a year of this thread being open, they woulds fixed this cheat.

my game has been running for 11 days and i have 288 vp with 21 cities. the closest to me right now is someone with 150 vp and 14 cities

what i also don't understand is i just started this game 11 days ago and it's so brand new and already asking me to quit the game. that to me is ridiculous. if people don't want to play their games then they shouldn't have started one. if it was near the end, and we pretty much already know the outcome i can see having this feature but after 11 days in? putting a time frame of 30 days before the option is enabled also limits the cheating to end a game prematurely.

personally i like 1vs1 games better. when i began this first game, i tried to research everything about it. i felt joining groups is a form of cheating but i know realistically in the real world it doesn't work that way. but this is a game of strategy. where's the strategy in joining a big group for an easy win? isn't this how they play little league now? the losers always get a trophy haha.
      how is it cheating when all the remaining players agree? lol
      I am The Baseline for opinions