Pinned Understanding the END GAME BUTTON

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• @dfrost

Ahhh, here we go. Now we've gotten somwhere. The other folks were already kind enough to mention it above, but I'll mention it as well, just to make it clear: The more players you add to a coalition, the more Victory Points required for them to win. Battleground USA is a newer map that I've not played much, so I don't know the point break down, but I'll give you the point breakdown for WW3, a map that I do know:

1 Player: 1850
      2 Players: 2960
      3 Players: 4255
      4 Players: 5365
      5 Players: 5920

So, yes, on a WW3 map, 5 players could and do formally team up (a coalition) to try to beat me, but then I still only need 1850 VPs to win, and they now need a total of 5920 together.

The point breakdowns are different for each different type of map.

For future reference, I believe the End Game Button appears when there are five or less players left in a game. And, no, there is nothing else in the game that explicitly tells you which players or how many players are still active. You have to just kind of guess by watching what happens on the map and in the news.

If you're eager to see more what "end game" looks like in Conflict of Nations, you could join an Apocalypse map. That map has no restrictions on research times, so countries are able to develop advanced units faster. If, by "end game" you instead mean you are eager to see the later days of the game, you could join any 4x map and get there four times faster than real time.

As for people "teaming up". It sounds like you're figuring that part out. That's just part of the game. There's only one map I can think of that doesn't allow coalitions, and it is rarely offered, and that still doesn't stop people from working together informally. Coalitions are the major parties in the game. You can choose not to join them, like I do, but you're always going to be fighting against them. This is NOT a 1v1 game, nor are the numbers hardly ever even if you are in a coalition, so you might as well get used to fighting against unequal numbers of players at the same time.

Finally, as for players joining a coalition at the end of a game to claim a win they didn't really earn: I see what you're saying, but I don't think it's as big of an issue as you're imagining. For one thing, in order to do that, the player still had to be able to survive to the end of the game. Many players didn't, so it's not like this player did nothing to help themselves. Also, most of the time in public games, countries switch coalitions all the time. It's going to happen throughout the entire game. So, when someone joins a coalition at the end of a game, it doesn't seem that strange, because people have been joining and leaving different coalitions the entire game anyway. That's the diplomacy part of the game: honing a series of relationships to survive and advance. Lastly, a formal coalition has to accept a new member. So, if a player did nothing all game (unlikely) and then tried to join the winning coalition at the end, the coalition might feel like that country doesn't deserve a slot and might reject them.

So, real quick scenario to make it clear: Let's say it's a WW3 game, and Brasil, Colombia, Peru, and Argentina are all in a coalition together. Then let's say India is alone but in sixth place. India thinks the South American coalition is going to win the game, so India applies to be their fifth member. First of all, India survived this long, so it's not like they didn't do anything successful all game. The South American coalition can choose to accept India, but, if they do, the required points they need to win will go up by 555. So, either the South American coalition thinks adding India is worth it, or they don't. But, either way, India had to "earn" the win through surviving, gaining enough points to contribute, and being accepted in the strongest coalition.
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

dfrost wrote:

. . . if people don't want to play their games then they shouldn't have started one. . . .
      I agree - Would you like to contact the other 7 billion people on Earth to tell them that there will be severe consequences for that behavior, or do you want me to do it for us?
      Finally someone besides the Big Three makes a sarcastic statement.
      Opulon, Teburu and Dealer of Death?
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

@dfrost

Ahhh, here we go. Now we've gotten somwhere. The other folks were already kind enough to mention it above, but I'll mention it as well, just to make it clear: The more players you add to a coalition, the more Victory Points required for them to win. Battleground USA is a newer map that I've not played much, so I don't know the point break down, but I'll give you the point breakdown for WW3, a map that I do know:

1 Player: 1850
      2 Players: 2960
      3 Players: 4255
      4 Players: 5365
      5 Players: 5920
      yup! it definitely isn't as big as i made it out to be. this explains so much and i appreciate everyone who took the time to explain it in more detail and i can get in to the sarcastic comments too haha.

this puts a whole new perspective on it and now i can see that this evens the playing field more fairly. there really should be some details on this in a wiki or something. this is good information to know so you know how much other players in coalitions need. would be hard to base a strategy around missing data. i still think it should go a little further to even the playing field and set a time frame when the option gets triggered rather than just plyers left. i am also sitting here thinking i have to play this game looking at a flashing button for 30 more days ... this can affect a brutha psychologically haha

dude, thanks again for your detailed reply. i am really grateful for you because i know how much time and effort and thought you put in your comments!
    • GeneralLangmoen wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

dfrost wrote:

. . . if people don't want to play their games then they shouldn't have started one. . . .
      I agree - Would you like to contact the other 7 billion people on Earth to tell them that there will be severe consequences for that behavior, or do you want me to do it for us?
      Finally someone besides the Big Three makes a sarcastic statement.
      Opulon, Teburu and Dealer of Death?
      Exactly.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Though @Opulon is an elven king. He does not do sarcasm? :D
      How many cups of disagreement do you put in your morning cereal?
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

bold of you to assume he puts the cereal first and then the disagreement and not the other way around
      kalrakh is the kinda guy that would put milk first and then the cereal just to fuck with people
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

bold of you to assume he puts the cereal first and then the disagreement and not the other way aroundkalrakh is the kinda guy that would put milk first and then the cereal just to fuck with people
      Maybe I skip the cereals completely :whistling:
    • Teburu wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

bold of you to assume he puts the cereal first and then the disagreement and not the other way aroundkalrakh is the kinda guy that would put milk first and then the cereal just to fuck with people
      Hmmm... I put the gas first :evil:

• Tifo_14 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

you f'n cocaine addict

altho ur not the only guilty one
      "doug" -nobody
    • RadioActive wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

you f'n cocaine addict
      altho ur not the only guilty one
      What does that supposed to mean?

• Tifo_14 wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

you f'n cocaine addictaltho ur not the only guilty one
      wait
      you dont put gas into your cereal? i thought everyone did; adds thats extra something
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

waityou dont put gas into your cereal? i thought everyone did; adds thats extra something
      I said I put it first... don't know what this other mf does tho :/

• Tifo_14 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

waityou dont put gas into your cereal? i thought everyone did; adds thats extra something
      I said I put it first... don't know what this other mf does tho :/
      i just don't

im not a crackhead like you
      "doug" -nobody
    • dfrost wrote:

sounds more like a way to cheat than a way to win. this is my first game and i am already seeing this button. i don't plan on ending the game so there is now a possibility the other players can form a coalition and beat me out of the points and the win? haha is this a real scenario? seems after a year of this thread being open, they woulds fixed this cheat.

my game has been running for 11 days and i have 288 vp with 21 cities. the closest to me right now is someone with 150 vp and 14 cities

what i also don't understand is i just started this game 11 days ago and it's so brand new and already asking me to quit the game. that to me is ridiculous. if people don't want to play their games then they shouldn't have started one. if it was near the end, and we pretty much already know the outcome i can see having this feature but after 11 days in? putting a time frame of 30 days before the option is enabled also limits the cheating to end a game prematurely.

personally i like 1vs1 games better. when i began this first game, i tried to research everything about it. i felt joining groups is a form of cheating but i know realistically in the real world it doesn't work that way. but this is a game of strategy. where's the strategy in joining a big group for an easy win? isn't this how they play little league now? the losers always get a trophy haha.
      where is the sense of playing a game without any enmies...? Its Sim city...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • JimmyMaestro wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Grinding for exp to level up your rank is the point in playing maps without enemies

It is also the reason we lost the ability to create custom maps. To many players made their own maps to farm exp vs AI.
      In your comment do you mean farming for Military points? (Mostly that is as there are some people that farm for Econ as well)
      Probably both, fighting real players yield more points then fighting AI, but fighting AI is very low risk after all.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

JimmyMaestro wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Grinding for exp to level up your rank is the point in playing maps without enemies

It is also the reason we lost the ability to create custom maps. To many players made their own maps to farm exp vs AI.
      In your comment do you mean farming for Military points? (Mostly that is as there are some people that farm for Econ as well)
      Probably both, fighting real players yield more points then fighting AI, but fighting AI is very low risk after all.
      i have this game (flashpoint) where im russia
      im lg spamming missiles at this mf bulgaria

nothing happens tho, he has like zero units
      "doug" -nobody