FORUM EXCLUSIVE EVENT: ABLE ARCHER

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• FORUM EXCLUSIVE EVENT: ABLE ARCHER

You read that right.

The game is on a first-come first-served basis. Do not expect it to come back anytime soon, if at all, so make the best of it while you can!
      You are required to have level 25+

Grab it while it's hot!
      This game mode is available for Elite Alliance Challenges on-request.
      Please feel free to share your experience with us! It is more than welcome.

GameID: 2506464
      Password: conforum
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

The post was edited 3 times, last by Yak ().

• Cool 8)

This is what I'm looking for. Pure hi tech war at the beginning. No wasting time for moving Motorized Infantry again and again and again.
      I've heard that Able Archer was funky first time but I feel lucky to try it. : )
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

• This Able Archer Event fell apart rather quickly...

I had to exchange half of NATO and then several players decided they didn't like that PACT had a head start.
      In the end I gave everyone loads of Nukes and ... yeah. I think the rest is rather obvious. Fun ;)
      Factually Able is a map to be played by a very dedicated team of wargamers. Not public - even if it involves loads of experienced players.

Once you cannot rely on your team - it fails. It's very ambitious and I will consider making a two player version of it. Just for the sake of it and so that at least it can be played.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Too bad this one is low populated 8/24 actually.

It could be standard generated game - simple 64 map, but with much more variety of units at the beginning. :)
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

• "Once you cannot rely on your team - it fails. It's very ambitious and I will consider making a two player version of it. Just for the sake of it and so that at least it can be played."

Two players version of it ? hahah, wow. Not sure the human brain can handle it :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • @GorianRay

You do know that ELITE in Conflict of Nations is "No Gold" mode, right? Just saying. No invest. Zero. Payment is actually locked.

It's simple: Level 25+ and in an alliance can request ELITE maps. These maps are gold free guaranteed and have other benefits.

Precondition is that the alliance has enough 25+ players and that it wants to challenge other alliances to "ELITE" matches. That's it.

So wherever you perceive investment, I can't tell. Cause there is no way to pay your way up to level 25...

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Elite matches are fair and universally considered competitive by the alliances, for that reason.

No gold. It's fair to give to the game in other games mode, to support it ;)
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • I think this scenario is non-officialy finished (because of unknown reasons).

So I would like to say, that giving one unit of every kind (execpt late game weapons) at the beginning is a brilliant idea. Actually could be a standard, so people could try every unit and use almost every technique to take advantage (and decide what to research). Battles was intense from the first day, missiles was fly everywhere, anytime. Central Europe was a one big battlefield. Much depends on player who choose Soviet Union or USA. Their success or failure on any front will cause much impact on the rest.

And some things that could be adjusted here :

- Rare materials are actually... not rare (at least in NATO), and nobody want's them in exchange. :) Maybe there should be more doubled supplies or components instead of doubled rare.

- Market is filled with strange "0" offers, Probably ai makes them, but something goes wrong there.

Short. but was fun anyway. :thumbup:
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky

• Remember this is a scenario that was based on historical research - even the economy. If you played on NATO side your economy was about 2-3 times that of PACT.

Otherwise this scenario has been taken out of rotation and is now only available to ELITE Alliance players - obviously gold free.

//G
    • Germanico wrote:

@GorianRay

You do know that ELITE in Conflict of Nations is "No Gold" mode, right? Just saying. No invest. Zero. Payment is actually locked.

It's simple: Level 25+ and in an alliance can request ELITE maps. These maps are gold free guaranteed and have other benefits.

Precondition is that the alliance has enough 25+ players and that it wants to challenge other alliances to "ELITE" matches. That's it.

So wherever you perceive investment, I can't tell. Cause there is no way to pay your way up to level 25...

//G
      I know there are "no gold" games. I just joined @Seele07´s Alliance and I think I can get a chance to join one of these games. I hope there mustn´t be an administrator or referee to observe transactions like it happened in an special Event, when it was still possible to use gold!?!
      Greetings? 8o Grüße!
      best regards :love: MfG

GorianRay
      Céleste, TriXenonS, CyberSouls