[Concept] A different approach to resource distribution

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Concept] A different approach to resource distribution

I would like to propose my concept in few points below:

In simple words - cities do not produce most of resources, it's provinces role. Now the details:

1) Cities main role could be units production, man power and cash generation (taxation). While "hard" resources generation - a heavy, toxic and dangerous industries are moved out of cities, to something we call "provinces". Cities are assembly plants, so they assemble a combat unit from prefabricates ("resources") which are generated by heavy industry facilities ("provinces with a resource").

2) Local industry province improvement could now name as "heavy industry facility", which boosts and adds generation of supplies, components, electronics, fuel, rare materials. Base level of this industry is 1, but can be demolished - so province generates 0 resource, until a new facility lv1 is build.

3) Homeland "province", if has a resource, now produces higher amounts of resources, comparable to standard city's resource output. For example : a fuel province which have base 2k fuel units output. I would of course balance the output but I have no info about top secret formulas. : )

4) I would like to add arms industry unit production requirements :

Tier II infantry units and light armored units require arms industry lv2, tier III - lv3
      rest needs : TierII - arms industry lv3, tierIII - arms industry lv5

I think it's strange that we can produce advanced units only with basic arms industry. : ) This change seems cosmetic, because in TierIII times all homeland cities have arms industry l5 for sure. It's interesting if the game change an "auto-upgrade" mechanism someday maybe, so we could produce every tier unit basing on arms industry.

5) Some territory that could "attract" resources to be placed (but it's not a stiff rule):
      close to a big city, but not inside a city - due to worker availability
      close to a water source - power plants needs a lot of water, and heavy industry needs a lot of power (and water)
      fuel on islands - it means oil from offshore platforms
      flat lands - i think heavy industry favors it

6) This change could add more importance to provinces and more interesting offense and defense strategies, for example : the only oil industry on a desert where tanks are much more effective. So it is possible to paralyze whole country's production without touching any city.

7) This change could make small countries more playable, because it could now be not necessary to create a city only to give a resource. (Yea, I know : ) ).

8 ) I avoided to adding "new things". Looks like an adjustment change ( from user point of view : ) ).
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 11 times, last by Efreet: readability, more precision, grammar ().

• @ross222
      Not harder, but different in my opinion, we actually have resource fields outside cities, i just want them to have much more importance. :)

@Germanico
      Who knows, hypothetical are all forum concepts here ( and some of them actually alive ). Maybe your team will look for new inventions in next year to "energize the product" - that's what I'm hoping for. 8)
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

• @Efreet CON is energized just fine. We are presently attracting more players on PC than any other of the other games.

This said, we don't want to keep you from posting ideas, and value them of course, we just want you to know that you are touching our game core.
      Something of this magnitude is very vital to us as company - meaning we will be more than hesitant to touch it. So please don't be disappointed if we "ignore" you on this one ;)
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • "CON is energized just fine"

Yea, well, last updates energized me to try two games actually, so you sound convincing. : )

"So please don't be disappointed if we "ignore" you on this one"

Not the first time, and not the last. :D
      ( So, I feel experienced in. 8) )
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky