MAJOR BALANCING UPDATE (181101)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MAJOR BALANCING UPDATE (181101)

+ + + + UPDATE + + + +
      Greetings Commanders!

Today's patch brings you the first round of post officer updates and additional goodies such as the return of the often requested "classic" Europe 1990 and World 2020 maps, map visual updates such as high res/saturation, etc. The main goal behind the post-launch changes to the officers is to preserve interesting choices in the early stages of the game, then develop their individual talents and strengths as the game progresses while slowly turning them from "heroes" to "generals". Thanks again to our engaged players for the feedback and support!
      Important: Fixes will be present in all games running. Balancing and Officer changes will only appear in new games created after the update. This leaves you free to play older games, undisturbed and in the way you planned out initially. It also eliminates the risk of us infusing running games with unforeseen errors - as we could impossibly test against all older versions of maps and units. So, if you want to play with the latest changes, it's always a good idea to join a new game to make the most of these updates.

BALANCING
      • Motorized Infantry level 3 has slightly improved Anti-Air defensive capabilities
      • Increased ferry range of Helicopters From 1000 To 2500
      • Lowered ATK Rating of East Doctrine Special Forces
        • vs Infantry To 8/10/12/13.5/15
        • vs Armor To 4/5/6/7/8
      • Lowered Destroyer ATK Rating vs Population
        • From 3/3/3/4/4/5 To 2/2/2/2.5/2.5/3
      • BM/ICBM vs TDS/SAM:
        • TDS
          • Increased ATK Rating vs Missiles From 8/8.5/9/10/11/12.5 To 8/9/10/11/12/13
        • Mobile SAM
          • Lowered ATK Rating vs Missiles From 2.5/2.5/2.5/3.5/4.5/5.5 To 2/2/2/3/3.5/4
        • Ballistic Missile
          • Increased HP To 15/16/17/20/23/25
        • ICBM
          • Increased HP To 30/33/36/38
      • The day-available of research has been updated for the following units:
        • Tank Commander
          • Starting researches now match Main Battle Tank of each faction
        • Rotary Wing Officer
          • Starting researches now match earliest helicopter of each faction
        • Fighter Ace
          • Starting researches now match Strike Fighter of each faction
        • EU Helicopter Gunship
          • From day 3 to 2
        • EU Attack Helicopter
          • From day 2 to 3

OFFICERS
      • Mobilization costs have been updated for all Officers and levels - they are now costlier and more in line with their value on the battlefield.
      • Fixed Wing Officer:
        • Swapped researches Level 3 (Missile Hardpoint) and Level 5 (Carrier Landing)
        • Increased speed from 12/12/12/12/12/12/12 To 17/17/17/18/18/18/20
        • Increased HP from 30/32/35/40/42/45/50 To 32/35/37/40/45/50/55
      • Infantry Officer:
        • Infantry Officer can now conquer territory
        • Reduced speed bonus by 5% across the board
        • Removed negative terrain modifiers for combat percentages
        • Lowered ATK Rating:
          • VS Infantry From 9/10/11/13/14/15/16 To 7/7.5/8/9.5/11/13.5/16
          • VS Amored From 6/6.5/7/8/8.5/9/10 To 5/5.5/6/7.5/8/8.5/10
        • Lowered DEF Rating:
          • VS Aircraft From 1.5/2.5/2.5/3/3/3.5/4 To 1/2/2/2.5/2.5/2.5/3
          • VS Helicopter From 2/3/3/4/4.5/4.5/5 To 1.5/2.5/2.5/3/3/3.5/4
        • Lowered HP From 35/38/40/50/55/60/75 To 30/35/40/45/50/55/60
        • Increased Command & Control of the Officer
          • ATK Boost From 10%/15%/20%/30%/40%/45%/50% To 15%/20%/25%/30%/40%/45%/50%
      • Naval Officer:
        • Adjusted ATK/DEF Rating..
          • VS Infantry From 4.5/5/5/6/6.5/6.5/7 To 2/2.5/3/4/5/6/7
          • VS Armor From 3/3.5/4/5/5.5/6/7 To 1/1.5/2/3/4/5.5/7
          • VS Aircraft From 8/8.5/9/10/10.5/11/12 To 4/5.5/6/7/9/10/12
          • VS Naval From 14/15/16/17/19/20/22 To 12/13/14/17/18/19/22
          • VS Submarine From 6/6/6/11/11/11/16 To 6/7/8/11/12/13/16
          • VS Missiles From 3.5/3.5/3.5/5/5/5/6 To 1.5/2/2.5/3/4/4.5/5.5
          • VS Helicopters From 5/5.5/6.5/7/8/9/10 To 3/3.5/4/5/7/8/10
        • Lowered HP From 65/70/75/80/85/90/100 To 50/55/60/75/85/90/100
        • Updated model of Tier 1 Naval Officer (now Destroyer, Tier 2 remains the new stealth class ship)
      • Armor Officer:
        • Pushed airlift capabilities to Tier 2
        • Remove negative terrain modifiers
          • Level 5 research now grants +25% in urban environments instead
      • Tank Destroyer:
        • Lowered Mobilization Times (Hours) From 20/21/22/23/24/25/26 To 16/18/20/22/24/25/26
        • Increased ATK/DEF Rating against Armor From 10/11/11/12/13/13/13 To 11/12/13/14/14.5/15/15
        • Increased ATK/DEF Rating against Infantry From 3/4/4/5/5/6/6 To 3/4/4.5/5/5.5/6/6
      • Stealth Air Superiority Fighter:
        • Increased HP from 25 to 28
        • Adjusted ATK Ratio from 1.5 to 1 (which results in DEF equaling ATK values)
          • In this case only affects DEF Rating vs Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing types
      • Stealth Strike Fighter:
        • Increased HP from 25 to 28
        • Increased ATK Rating vs Infantry infantry from 10 to 11
        • Adjusted ATK Ratio from 1.5 to 1 (which results in DEF equaling ATK values)
          • In this case only affects DEF Rating vs Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing types
      • Airborne Officer:
        • Adjusted movement speed From 1.3/1.3/1.3/1.5/1.5/1.5/1.5 To 0.1/0.1/1.3/1.5/1.5/1.5/1.5
        • Lowered ATK Rating.:
          • VS Infantry From 10/11/12/14/15/16/17 To 8/9/11/12/13/14/16
          • VS Armor From 6/6.5/7/8/8.5/9/10 To 4/4/5/7/8/9/10
        • Adjusted Command & Control
          • ATK Boost To 10%/15%/20%/25%/30%/35%/40%
        • Increased Sight Range from 25/25/25/25/25/25/25 To 25/25/35/35/35/35/35
        • No longer declares war when flying into nation (versioning)
        • Removed speed bonus f
      • GENERAL: Lowered building requirements for Tier 1 and Tier 2 Officers, all-round
      • GENERAL: Tank officers for Tier 1 and Tier 2 ferry range has been adjusted
      MAPS
      • The 64 Player 2020 World map and Europe 1990 map will make a reappearance in the map generated rotation or events. They will have a rank requirement of 5+. Keep an eye out if you want to revisit these staples in CoN Legacy!
      • Map background has been fixed for the Kiel Canal on Flashpoint Europe maps
      • Updated Flashpoint Europe background with new color scheme (increased saturation)
      UI NOTIFICATIONS
      • Diplomacy Player Status renamed and now only indicates Human Player or Computer Player (no further reference in regards to player activity is provided deliberately)
      • Similar to the rank popup you see when you rank up, you will now be getting a popup for each new Officer research available due to rank up.
      • Texts updated for 4x speed games, making them more self explanatory
      • Research tooltips now list all the unit prerequisites of the officers (usually an officer will become available by researching one of several different units)
      FIXES
      • Fixed Unit sort order for;
        • Artillery units, who were preceding Infantry graphic icon on map
        • Aircraft carriers, who now have a priority of 1. This means that they will be displayed on the top even if an officer is present in that stack
      • Rotary Wing Officer: Adjusted ATK/DEF rating against Naval Surface Vessels From 0/0/0/0/7/8/10 to 4/4.5/5/6/7/8/10
      • Airborne Officer: Reduced Airbase level requirement by one for each Tier
      • Some occurrences where Inactive Coalition Leadership was not passed. This issue has been fixed
      • General AI behavior including moving units out to sea without reason

//Your CoN Team
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• Great update.

Not sure i'm fan of the mini-nerf of the SAM, due to me thinking that cruise missiles have no "clever" soft-counter, and the hard counter is by itself a huge investment.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • After this update I have 1 suggestion.
      swap the models of tier 1 tank aces with the models of MBT tier 1.
      AMX30 or Leopard 1 is weaker than Leopard 2 and the same with the other doctrins.
      The ace must have the better tank 8)
      And for the european tank ace tier 2 also swap with the european MBT tier 2. Challanger 2 is the better tank.

And please annother colour of the european blue tanks <X .
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • @Seele07 we are first trying to get the "numbers" right - then we can look at the "aesthetically pleasing" part.

@Opulon actually the nerf is not against CMs but predominately against erecting cheap impenetrable BM and ICBM shields - completely without TDs.

This was achieved by giving the BMs and ICBMs more HP - to allow these to get through AA and SAM defenses.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Ballistic missiles
      Increased HP To 15/16/17/20/23/25

Bad change in my opinion. If we calculate the research time, and production time and resource cost, probably it is possible to paralyze some country before it will be able to make first TDS. "Ballistics" (balls) are most efficient against production (cities), I guess. While protecting some doom stack somewhere in the front line was relatively quite easy, protecting the homeland territory - even without this update - was a hard task. First of missile type vs last of anti air type - I'm worried that it will simply push us to "press the launch button to be a hero", again. Well, If you ask me, I don't miss for these times.

I propose 10/17.5/25 HP or even 10/20/30 but first "out of the box" tier simply must be less durable.

"General AI behavior including moving units out to sea without reason"
      I feel I'm in the minority of people who like true AI existence (to use it as a tool against players), instead of "map decorations" only. So I appreciate this change ( if it works ) ;)
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 1 time, last by Efreet ().

• I have also some suggestions about TDS and also mot. inf. with anti air cap.
      The officers have higher requires for mobilization, if I will a tier 2 officer mobilizate.
      My suggestion TDS tier 1: army base 4 and weapon lab. tier 2+3 Army base 5 and weapon lab.
      May be also with the rocket launcher: tier 1 army base 3 and tier 2+3 army base 4

Also I have seen some high level player only with mot. inf. max level and CRV max level. With the new mot. upgrade we have more spam like this.
      My suggestion: mot. inf. tier 1: army base 1; tier 2 army base 1 and arms industry
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • Let me tell you why we had to add the HP to BMs and ICBMs: they were being 100% intercepted by SAMs and MobAA. That's the truth.

I saw it happen myself and there was no TD anywhere. So let's test this and see. In our tests it turned out okay. But reality impact is always the true benchmark.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • BMs will still be very much interceptable by other means - and even ICBMs are not invulnerable to SAM and mobAA.
      Generally the question is: Should we lower the initial preconditions and requirements for units (eg. Secret Weapons Labs, Army Base 5 etc) and scale them up with the level/tier of the unit?
      The downside to this will be that upon research of eg. Theatre Defense level 5 or such all of a sudden you will need to upgrade your buildings - before being able to build new ones.
    • I think for some units it is logical to must have a higher requires for tier 2 +3 and for other units it is also logical to have lower requires for tier 1.
      Many player only research very few types of units to mx. level and then they produce a mass of them.
      I saw some players with high ranks they only research mot. inf. and CRV to max. level and few other units. And they only need for this units army base 1? Sorry but this is unlogical.
      Standard inf. dont need arms industry thats correct. The insurgents are also a kind of standard inf. and they need nothing. Every nation has guns in their depots and can requisition vehicles like Unimog for their troops.
      But advanted and modern inf. has specific vehicle.

My suggestion: Mot. inf. tier 1 army base 1; tier 2+ 3: army base 1 and arms industry; tier 3: army base 1 + arms industry+ recruitment office
      Only the national guard can be mobilizate only with recruitment office in all tiers.
      CRV: tier 1: army base 1; tier 2 army base 1 + arms industry; tier 3: army base 2 +arms industry
      mechanized inf.: tier 1 army base 2 + recruitment office; tier 2: army base 2 + recruitment office + arms industry; tier 3: army base 3 + arms industry + recruitment office
      The same with the Marines with the difference they need naval base 2

Rocket launcher: tier 1: army base 3+arms industry; tier 2 army base 4 + arms ind. tier 3: army base 4 + arms ind. + secret w.lab
      TDS: tier 1: army base 4+ arms ind.+ secret w.lab.1; tier 2 army base 5+ arms ind.; tier 3: army base 5; arms ind.+ secret w.lab. 2

My suggestions for the important units they must be an update for the requires :)

The post was edited 3 times, last by Seele07 ().

• Low variety of units is also caused by default research speed. In mid game there could be bigger variety, but even if there are resources, there is no free slot. I wonder what was the situation in the event where there was +100% research speed.
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 1 time, last by Efreet ().

• I think boosting research progress is the easiest way to add variety, specially after "commander" update (which forces specialization builds), but if it's the part of something called 'meta'... (Some unbreakable rule?)

I also like a concept of progressive requirements alternatively. It will surely adds some realism. Nice to see Arms industry level progression too.
      For example:
      Carrier3 with arms industry lv1. :!: I think this one should require NavBase5 and ArmInd 3/4/5
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 3 times, last by Efreet ().

• Yak wrote:

the return of the often requested "classic" Europe 1990 and World 2020 maps
      Is this real? I desperately waiting for some more map variety, some months ago there were Middle East, all the Redux, the ones with rivers and whatnot and all of a sudden they were gone, most likely has to do with the restrictions on map creation, but why is the map rotation so limited now?
      It's like offering only Pizza or Pasta for lunch, each day. As much as everyone likes them both, i guess, it gets boring, if you have them every day.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Prosac ().