[Concept] INTEL power-up

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Concept] INTEL power-up

Intel is a one big question, so it's hard to propose some adjustment. Currently INTEL, except of some counter-ops, can be successfully ignored. I catch myself, that I use Intel only because I have nothing else to do with cash in some period of the game. I'm sure that earlier mechanic characterized as "intel spam" was worse, but it anyways needs a hug in a future. So, some ideas how to fix it:

1) Only one COUNTER-OPS and one spy can be used per city (first is better). Spy vs Spy.

2) Non-ally cities infrastructure's levels should not be shown so easily, they should show "?" in the level icon and present building icon from lv1. Same thing is with province buildings, where should be shown for example - combat outpost lv '?'. I think that matter is the biggest waste of Intel potential. People simply should sacrifice some units to fill the market with offers and buy spies, to get basic info.

3) Only INTELLIGENCE mission can give us any information about buildings levels, current production. It means, that player should first prepare a "background" for sabotage or corruption, instead of working blind (but he can of coz).

4) SABOTAGE and CORRUPTION have 25% chance to assassinate a COUNTER-OPS agent. Player can't just put COUNTER-OPS in main cities and feel secured forever, COUNTER-OPS are much cheaper but also needs constant replacements. I believe this rule could help to restore the market too.

5) COUNTER-OPS have now a chance to do all effects below one by one in one action:
      25% to prevent effects of INTELLIGENCE mission,
      50% to prevent all effects of SABOTAGE or CORRUPTION mission
      25% chance to assassinate hostile spy
      25% chance to get his nationality

6) SABOTAGE have now a chance to do all effects below one by one in one action :
      ( If not infiltrated )
      50% chance to inflict from 5-15 random structure damage
      50% chance to slow production for 5-20 hours
      50% chance to inflict 3-10 damage to random unit stationed in a city (can kill/destroy, perfect to kill damaged units).

7) CORRUPTION have now a chance to do all effects below one by one in one action :
      ( If not infiltrated )
      50% chance to steal from 1k-4k cash ( free action possible )
      50% chance to drop morale 10 points
      50% chance to destroy resources (values unchanged)
      15% chance to loot resources (uses similar mechanic to city conquer)

8 ) INTELLIGENCE have now a chance to do all effects below one by one in one action :
      ( If not infiltrated )
      90% chance to reveal city's infrastructure levels
      50% chance to reveal current production
      50% chance to view details about local army
      25% to intercept a message
      25% reveal resources
      25% reveal market info
      25% reveal diplomatic relations
      25% to reveal COUNTER-OPS in a city
      (Missed something?)
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 7 times, last by Efreet ().