[Concept] Lootable warheads

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Concept] Lootable warheads

After conquering a city with a secret lab, an offender could also loot enemy warheads ( if target has any ).

lab lv 1 - loot 25% of conventional warheads; at least 1 per type.
      lab lv 2 - loot 25% of chemical and conventional warheads; at least 1 per type.
      lab lv 4 - loot 25% of all types; at least 1 per type.

Purpose : It could add another option for creative play. Good recon + good capture, and we could fire to an enemy by his own warheads.

Other : Non-playable countries could have a secret weapon lab in their city. It could be looted of course and always give 1 conventional warhead for later advantage.
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

• @Hancock

Same I was thinking, but after some time I concluded that warheads are quite heavy and dangerous stuff, and need more effort to transport it anywhere. Also it probably can't be done quietly ( not by a stealth helicopters that SF use, rather by Chinnoks or something like that ). So - It's not a stealthy operation. A unit that can capture a city seem logistically more prepared for something like this. Next, I was wondering that Special Forces could eventually sabotage warheads damaging city infrastructure, but at the end I chosen the simplest variant.
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

• @Crang

Yup, what a waste. : )

Actually, it illustrates a situation where local arsenal is captured ( evacuate them on time is a challenge ), but instead of making new building, I think it's better to extend existing ones.
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky

• I do believe that the destruction of a SECRET weapons lab was intended to be when about to be captured it is destroyed my the owner and not the capturing player. Self distruct to avoid having warheads fall in to enemy hands.
      "There are only two types of aircraft — fighters and targets."
      — Doyle 'Wahoo' Nicholson, USMC.
    • The idea from @Hancock is the best. I think only if Special forces are in an enemy city without units they can steal. So special forces dont conquer a city they can steal if there a secret weapon lab.
      If there a secret weapon lab 1 they only steal conventionel warheads, secred weapon lab 2 chemical and conventionel etc.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • @Crang

Well, capturing enemy weaponry is nothing new in the history. So, probably there was many situations where the world simply didn't have a time.
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky

• Efreet wrote:

Same I was thinking, but after some time I concluded that warheads are quite heavy and dangerous stuff, and need more effort to transport it anywhere. Also it probably can't be done quietly ( not by a stealth helicopters that SF use, rather by Chinnoks or something like that ). So - It's not a stealthy operation. A unit that can capture a city seem logistically more prepared for something like this. Next, I was wondering that Special Forces could eventually sabotage warheads damaging city infrastructure, but at the end I chosen the simplest variant.
      Special forces could transport a few warheads. They are coming with helicopters. And when they're on wheels, special forces usually get the vehicle they need and want.The new Elite helicopter pilot can even fire warheads :D
      So I think it's cool. It would be an occasion that I would sometimes explore special forces and use ^^