Pinned BEGINNERS GUIDE TO NOT SUCKING & BEING A PAIN IN THE ASS OF YOUR COALITION

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Don't build Local Industries, Field Hospitals, Air Fields, and Combat Outposts in nonsensical territories. That stuff is like a neon sign to an experienced enemy player.

While we're at it, don't build Combat Outposts in a territory if you are not going to put troops there. I keep meaning (but forgetting) to see if the explanation for that structure is misleading, because I keep seeing people building them on then not putting any troops where they built them, like my troops are going to be overwhelmed by abandoned sandbags. You gotta have someone behind the sandbags shooting, bro.
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

Don't build Local Industries, Field Hospitals, Air Fields, and Combat Outposts in nonsensical territories. That stuff is like a neon sign to an experienced enemy player.

While we're at it, don't build Combat Outposts in a territory if you are not going to put troops there. I keep meaning (but forgetting) to see if the explanation for that structure is misleading, because I keep seeing people building them on then not putting any troops where they built them, like my troops are going to be overwhelmed by abandoned sandbags. You gotta have someone behind the sandbags shooting, bro.
      Lol i will literally see that shit in EVRY fp game i join
      Україна
      Україна

"The future is not written" - Anna Jija
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

Anna Jija wrote:

Also people need to stop researching/producing shit units like CRVs and ACVs. if you are gonna use armor ALWAYS start with AFVs, then transfer to MBTs and TDs by day 10.
      Wait,... what? This... I don't agree with this.
      yeah, that's why i usually don't use armor in general
      Україна
      Україна

• Anna Jija wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

See ☝️, this right here is exactly what I was describing when I wrote about sloppily written advice.
      SLOPPY??
      Yes, "sloppy" in the sense of lacking any balance, nuance, or evidence of non-superficial knowledge of the game mechanics, and in the sense of being incomplete, inaccurate, and misleading to the point of being simply wrong.

That's a pretty direct claim by me, and I'm writing it this way in part because I'm echoing the tone of your claim about armor units.

If you want the more diplomatic version, @PerigeeNil might be the person to ping.
    • KFGauss wrote:

and in the sense of being incomplete, inaccurate, and misleading to the point of being simply wrong.
      If you want the more diplomatic version, @PerigeeNil might be the person to ping.
      Lol, right! That's actually why I complain about people saying things certain ways on the Forums all the time. Some new players come to these Forums to find reliable information and advice on playing the game. So, when I see trends of people posting things that might give new players a false impression or inaccurate information, eventually I mention it. That's why I don't "just let people post what they want to post, GAWD!" without ever calling anything out for being misleading.
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

Don't build Local Industries, Field Hospitals, Air Fields, and Combat Outposts in nonsensical territories. That stuff is like a neon sign to an experienced enemy player.

that's funny. you know i am playing my first game and i keep looking at the couple air fields and the field hospital i built in my homeland and all i do is shake my head. i totally get why you said that but i don't think anyone new will. when i realized my mistakes, i saw these same things in my enemy territories....and gain just shook my head and strolled in with confidence haha

Anna Jija wrote:

Also people need to stop researching/producing shit units like CRVs and ACVs. if you are gonna use armor ALWAYS start with AFVs, then transfer to MBTs and TDs by day 10.

i actually like the combat recon vehicles. this is my first game though and made some mistakes. one of them was building other stuff(kinda what you suggested) where i get too thinned out to satisfy my main objectives. so instead of main battles tanks and mobile artillery which i focused on later in the game, i would rather research combat recon vehicles to the max. i am sure strategies change based on map and players on the map and other peoples strategies. for instance, i have no use case for the theater defense system in my first game. i know this because of how the game has been played and an estimate of what my enemies were building. i think rulling out things or ruling in things with blanket statements would get people killed in my opinion. then there is the balance of resources. i made the mistake of of building multiple things and it took away from what i should have been building with the resources i had.....like planes and ships. if i add main battle tanks to that, there is just not enough componants but using something that takes supplies, i would not only be able to build but to also research.

but then again, this is my first game and i don't know shit compared to the experienced players. i just know what mistakes i did in my first game and how i am going to correct that in my second game where i am sure i'll make some more mistakes i'll have to learn from
    • dfrost wrote:

i actually like the combat recon vehicles. this is my first game though and made some mistakes. ... i would rather research combat recon vehicles to the max.
      Before you go overboard, try only researching them (CRVs) enough to make them go faster and/or to make them airlift-able. The more games I play the less I need melee (ground, direct-fire) units after the first few game-days.

You probably have better uses for your precious research time and resources than improving your CRVs.

Ships, Planes, Radars, indirect-fire ground units, maybe Spec Ops or Airborne, maybe Missiles, etc. all need your attention too.

Right out of the gate I do some fighting with CRVs before my air force ramps up. They are a cheap-enough and strong-enough way to get the ball rolling on Day 1.

After that I use the ones I built in the first 2-3 days to occupy cities and to reveal AI troops. I build a few more for those same purposes, but only if the original ones get too busy.

You can find some useful examples here: Look through a different Lens - What's your ACTUAL Day 5, 10, 15, 20, ... Order of Battle (OOB)

The post was edited 3 times, last by KFGauss ().

• yea, i hear ya! i noticed i like using planes and i have a high use case for them. didn't use my navy at all (this first game) and have almost 20 frigates fully researched.

with the rcon, i totally get it. i only had 7 but really like them for what they do for a well rounded vehicle and not really strong in any one area. for my second game, i am actually going to consider not researching them at all so i can focus on air and sea but mainly air

i used mobile artillery until i found out how useful planes were. so many mistakes but a lot of good learning experiences

and yes, i read that thread about 3 times already haha and i am sure before i start a second game, i am gonna read it again :)

thanks for your feedback!
    • HATMAKER wrote:

colinlevinge wrote:

Here's a simple guide for new players, build air superiority and tech it as a priority, have lots...
      This is NOT GOOD advice
      Why? ASF are always the first unit I will get, if I have no dedicated air player in my team

KFGauss wrote:

dfrost wrote:

i actually like the combat recon vehicles. this is my first game though and made some mistakes. ... i would rather research combat recon vehicles to the max.
      Before you go overboard, try only researching them (CRVs) enough to make them go faster and/or to make them airlift-able. The more games I play the less I need melee (ground, direct-fire) units after the first few game-days.
      CRV L 1 tends to suffice a long way

There is not much point in having CRV with higher speed if you do not have infantries with higher speed first

add: Getting Specs to do the scouting is cheaper and safer then getting CRVs to air assault

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kalrakh ().

• Kalrakh wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

There is not much point in having CRV with higher speed if you do not have infantries with higher speed first - I currently disagree with this (minor) point. The way I'm using them, the CRVs run around exploring while the slower Infantry follow behind. The CRVs' paths are more uncertain and longer. Maybe I'll eventually use the CRVs differently.

add: Getting Specs to do the scouting is cheaper and safer then getting CRVs to air assault - I hadn't noticed this - Thanks
      See the Cyan comments added immediately above.
    • KFGauss wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

There is not much point in having CRV with higher speed if you do not have infantries with higher speed first - I currently disagree with this (minor) point. The way I'm using them, the CRVs run around exploring while the slower Infantry follow behind. The CRVs' paths are more uncertain and longer. Maybe I'll eventually use the CRVs differently.

add: Getting Specs to do the scouting is cheaper and safer then getting CRVs to air assault - I hadn't noticed this - Thanks
      See the Cyan comments added immediately above.
      agree .. last game I was dragging RCV all over Asia with zero use as use planes to clear. But later when ran into armor heavy auto nation that scatted rcvs or AFVs all over the place. So would send RCV to next prov halfway to midpoint to see if clear with a single NG following half prov behind. Probably would still never research or build; same with towed inf (get some kills but in general too slow for my advances and just end up dragging around).
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • KFGauss wrote:

Anna Jija wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

See ☝️, this right here is exactly what I was describing when I wrote about sloppily written advice.
      SLOPPY??
      Yes, "sloppy" in the sense of lacking any balance, nuance, or evidence of non-superficial knowledge of the game mechanics, and in the sense of being incomplete, inaccurate, and misleading to the point of being simply wrong.
      That's a pretty direct claim by me, and I'm writing it this way in part because I'm echoing the tone of your claim about armor units.

Well i don't think everyone here has the time to write a book about the pros and cons of armored units... if you think it's worth me wasting 2 hours of my time, I will go right ahead.
      Україна
      Україна

• Anna Jija wrote:

Well i don't think everyone here has the time to write a book about the pros and cons of armored units... if you think it's worth me wasting 2 hours of my time, I will go right ahead.
      A) To me it seems like you have plenty of time to waste writing messages here in the forum.

B) Don't worry about it. I'm guessing your time would be better spent reading about using armored units well rather than writing about them. Other folks have put plenty of good advice into various threads here.

C) However, some day some industrious soul may decide to compile all of that accumulated wisdom in a single spot. If that's you, I'll applaud.

The post was edited 2 times, last by KFGauss ().